Fixing Crooked Nose Without Rhinoplasty?

I had septoplasty 2 years ago to help my breathing, which helped. But afterwards i noticed the crookedness was still visiable on the outside. I think i was born with the crookedness, but it seems to almost be getting worse with age. Can a doctor just break my nose straight without rhinoplasty.

Straightening a crooked nose

+1

It is possible to have the nose straightened without performing a rhinoplasty. The rhinoplasty itself is a cosmetic procedure that involves altering the shape of the tip and the bridge and the dorsal profile. If you simply want to have your nose straightened, that can be performed without changing the shape of the nose. This is known as osteotomies. If your nose is that crooked you will probably require both medial and lateral osteotomies. You also may require a cartilage spreader graft on the deflected and inward side of the crooked portion of your nose.

Rhinoplasty and Crooked Nose.

+1

If you have your nose broken you are having a "Rhinoplasty". Rather than worry about semantics, have a thorough consultation to discuss your goals and exactly what should be done.

Fixing crooked nose

+1

I would really need to see photos and/or perform an examination to give you the best advice. Typically, You would need to have a septorhinoplasty to have this corrected, and breaking it alone will not help. But it really depends on your individual circumstances. Please feel free to send any photos to my office and I would be happy to evaluate them for you. My contact info is listed in my profile. Thank you and best of luck.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Crooked Nose Repair without Rhinoplasty Surgery

+1

Facial asymmetry is common. Usually one is born with asymmetry, and continues to develop over time. Trauma or nasal injuries will obviously make asymmetry worse and result in a crooked nose. A deviated nose may be due to bone, cartilage, or soft tissue asymmetries.

Rhinoplasty is any surgery which changes the shape of your nose. Septoplasty generally does not change the external shape of the nose, since only the internal bone & cartilage is modified. In order to improve a crooked nose, then some type of rhinoplasty surgery is required. Minor indentations may be treated with an injectable filler, if appropriate. Speak with a rhinoplasty surgeon to help determine appropriate options for you.

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

The crooked appearance of your nose may be improved by a Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty.

+1

If your crooked appearance is due to an indentation of your bridge, this may be improved by filling the indentation. If your nose is severely crooked, then a formal Rhinoplasty Surgery may be necessary.

My personal preference for Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty procedures is Silikon-1000 for permanent  results. Feel free to email your photo along with your concern, and I'll be glad to share my thoughts with you.

If any of my colleagues wish to learn more about my experience with Silikon-1000, I am giving an instructional course in Boston at the upcoming Fall Meeting of The American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (AAFPRS). The course is titled "Off-Label Applications of Liquid Injectable Silicone (LIS)", and I will be presenting on 9/24/2010 at 4pm. Common conditions treated include: volume replacement, wrinkle reduction, lip enhancement, acne scarring, and correction of many nasal irregularities (“Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty”). I will also be describing the serial puncture, microdroplet technique that is essential for achieving desired results.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fixing the crooked nose.

+1

This is usually the cartilage which is twisted and needs to be straightened with or without breaking the bones. See an experienced rhinoplasty expert.

Fixing crooked nose without rhinoplasty

+1

There are only two ways to fix a crooked nose. The first is with a form of rhinoplasty. This involves taking the cartilage and bones loose, trimming and rearranging them, and, perhaps, adding a cartilage graft. This is the only way to permanently correct the problem, since all the structures are interconnected. The other way of dealing with the problem is to disguise it with a filler like Radiesse®. This can be done in the office and lasts about 1 ½ years.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Fix a Crooked Nose

+1

There is no way that I know of that would make your nose just the way you want it without surgery. I know the idea of surgery can be daunting but you should talk to a surgeon to see what your options are. There are many types of Rhinoplasty and you can find the perfect one for you.

Kimberly A. Henry, MD
Greenbrae Plastic Surgeon

Crooked noses

+1

Everyone has some asymmetry.  Therefore everyone's nose is crooked....some worse than others..  So to this end even with a rhinoplasty to correct deviation, post-operatively there still will be deviation.

Nose is much more complex than its parts

+1

Many patients ask if only one part of the nose can be fixed as opposed to doing an entire rhinoplasty.  Your problem is a typical example.  In order to correct the deviation it may be necessary to do the entire nose to set everything back to the midline.  Unfortunately it sounds like you need a rhinoplasty to correct your problems.

Steven Schuster, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon