Can This Be Fixed? (photo)

this is after my 4th surgery on this eye....the first was the original with scarring plus 3 revisions that went badly and now more scarrig. i know that I am not easy to knock out under anastethia and i am sure that is why so much corrective surgery needed to be done. I keep waking up during surgery. i also had other complications like a cyst on the incision line....last pic is my last surgery.

Get another opinion after failed eyelid revision.

+1

Hi.

Wait three months without doing anything and then, if you don't think you look good, see another surgeon.

Poor wound healing

+1

How long has it been since your last surgery?  The last photo looks okay for the early healing period.

As already suggested, there are only a few things that cause the wound not to heal including infection, cancer, foreign body, radiation, or possibly history of multiple prior operations with poor circulation.  See an oculoplastic surgeon for evaluation.

Web reference: http://www.TabanMD.com

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Non-healing surgical wound

+1

There are only three reasons a wound will not heal.  

1. infection

2. foreign body

3. cancer

A possible answer may be a retained permanent suture or suture knot.  The suture knot must be removed or the wound will never heal.  

Non healing wound can be infection

+1

It appears to me that you are not healing well after surgery. My biggest concern would be infection. You should not undergo any more surgeries until you have a second opinion from an infectious disease doctor and also one from an Oculoplastic surgeon. Unless you get a diagnosis of what is wrong, you cannot get appropriate treatment. I am especially concerned about a MRSA infection as you could be a carrier. Please discuss this with your infectious disease doctor and they might send a culture swab from your nose to find out if you carry MRSA.

Regards

Dr. J

Disclaimer: This answer is not intended to give a medical opinion and does not substitute for medical advice. The information presented in this posting is for patients’ education only. As always, I encourage you to see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Web reference: http://www.janjuafacialsurgery.com

Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revisional eyelid surgery

+1

I would ask what was the original eyelid surgery for. The middle photos appears as if there is some pathology going on, either infectious or even neoplastic. Check to see if any culture or pathology report was done. A healthy person should heal eyelid surgery without so much difficulty.

Robin T.W. Yuan, M.D.

Early in postoperative healing period

+1

What was the original surgery and why was it performed?

Your last surgery seems to have been done rather recently. It would be a good idea for you to wait at least a year to allow the scarring to fully evolve and soften and then re-evaluate. Repeated surgeries can have a deleterious effect.

Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon