I had a full tummy tuck in January of 2007. Can This Be Fixed? (photo)

i had a full tummy tuck in January of 2007. I am still extremely disatisfied. I have dog ears and a scar like an anchor. I have fluid behind the muscle that makes it pop out and i would like a mini tuck to get rid of the rest of the stretch marks. I also am very self conscious of my belly button which i have been told looks like a balloon knot! Im not sure if i have enough excess skin or what is available to me. I would like some opionions before i start talking to another surgeon! Thanks!

Revision tummy tuck

+1

Its hard to assess what is going on from your photo. But if you are unhappy with your results from 2007, then I think you should visit with a board certified plastic surgeon to learn more about your options.  Best of luck.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

There is always a solution

+1
Hello, Thank you for your question. It's a little hard to make out all of the details from the photo but in my experience there is always a solution to just about any tummy tuck problem. They key will be to meet with several well trained board certified plastic surgeons. All the best, Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Tummy tuck revision can be the solution

+1

If you have been unhappy since 2007 with your tummy tuck, then you owe it to yourself to get an opinion or two to sort out the best way to go. All of us have had patients do well with tummy tuck revision. Just how will depend on a careful exam.

Re-do tummy tuck

+1

From your pictures, it looks like you would benefit from another tummy tuck.  It is very unusual to have the surgery again.  However, without seeing "before" pictures or seeing you in person or knowing the entire history, it is difficult to give a full assessment.  However, from your picture, you have loose skin.  A mini tuck will only affect the areas under your belly button.  A full tuck will address your entire abdomen.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

Can This Be Fixed?

+1

Thank you for your question. The photo is somewhat helpful, but I can't tell if you are standing or sitting--standing would be the usual photo position used. The photo would also be better if taken straight on, showing the entire abdomen, and with undergarments on rather than jeans partially pulled down.

I am not sure what you mean by fluid behind the muscle.

A mini-TT might get rid of some of the stretch marks, and a full TT might be successful in removing all or almost all of them. The "anchor" pattern of your original incision is probably a result of not having enough upper abdominal skin to reach all the way down to the main TT incision, and the vertical part represents the closure of the whole made around the original navel. I would guess that if you were to have a repeat TT you might well have the same pattern incision once again.

You seem ready for an in person consultation. RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S.

Thank your for your question, best wishes.
.