Bulge Above Mini Tummy Tuck Scar - Can This Be Fixed?

After having 2 kids, my body completely changed and decided I needed a tummy tuck :-( I had mini tummy tuck 5 months ago, and there has always been a bulge above the scar. Also the scar is not fading and my 3rd issue is the scar is not even, it's higher on one side. Is all of this normal? Did my surgeon do a bad job? Please help!!! I feel so disappointed and unhappy. I spent about $3000 on this, all I went through with recovery, and now I have to go back to do a revision? Can this be fixed in just 30 min during a tummy tuck revision?

More pics in my mini tummy tuck review

Full or mini tummy tuck?

+1

In my opinion, the mini tummy talk is an  operation that  produces very limited results and is very rarely indicated. It involves a shorter incision but does not address the majority of the abdominal wall issues present for most patients who present consultation. For example, the area of skin excised is quite small. The abdominal wall musculature is addressed below the umbilicus leaving the upper number wall potentially lax. The appearance of the umbilicus is not necessarily addressed sufficiently.

For most patients who have had pregnancies and/or weight loss a full abdominoplasty is necessary to achieve the desired results. Of course, there are downsides (including a longer scar and probably a longer recovery time) but for most patients the benefits outweigh the downsides. It is not unusual to see patients who've had mini tummy tuck  surgery present for  revisionary surgery.

It is important to work with a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon to obtain advice (based on good ethics and judgment) to  improve your chances of a successful outcome and minimize the need for further surgery.

Bulge above a mini tummy tuck scar

+1

A mini tummy tuck is a safe and effective procedure that can create a more contoured abdomen, a tight waist and a beautiful figure.

After a mini tummy tuck procedure, patients should anticipate some swelling, bruising and firmness in the treated area. Patients usually have some bulging or swelling above the abdominoplasty incision. This is because it takes time for your vascular and lymphatic systems to reestablish themselves across the scar entering this area. We tell patients to anticipate swelling and that it may persist for several months. In our practice, we have designed a specific compression garments for our tummy tuck patients that we have tailor-made here in Miami. These compression garments provide even pressure throughout the areas that have been treated to help minimize the swelling. Your best bet is to let your plastic surgeon noted concerns so that they may evaluate you and determine if this swelling is the normal postoperative edema that we can expect or if it is a collection that may require further treatment.

Pat Pazmino, MD

Tummy tuck

+1

Asymmetry of the scar can not be avoided due to differential pull and prior asymmetry. As for the upper flap falling over the lower, this may be due to the fat content difference between the upper and lower regions of the closure.

Not happy with mini tummy tuck results

+1

My brief answer is that I believe you would be a better candiate for the full tummy tuck. A revision would produce slight improvement in my opinion.