What Will Fix my Witchy Smile and Asymmetrical Face? (Photos)

Besides my nose (getting a revision rhino to narrow tip and raise columella) I am pleased with the left side of my face. My cheek has a nice apple to it when I smile. But my right side gets a C-shaped line going all the way from my nostril and around down to near my chin, and my nose scrunches up, causing me to look witchy. What is causing this asymmetry and how can it be corrected?

Botox and Fillers for facial symmetry

+2

Injectable fillers are excellent options to reduce the depth of the lines around your mouth and to help achieve better symmetry. You could certainly have a little bit of filler injected on the deeper fold.

That said, I think you have a great smile and that the difference is not particularly obvious. I really wouldn't focus on it too much!

-Dr. Asaria

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetric smile and wrinkling

+1

Wrinkling around the nose or what we call "bunny lines" can be treated with Botox. Fillers can be used to soften the nasolabial folds but I would avoid trying to eliminate them totally.

Facial Asymmetry

+1

Thanks for posting pictures - it makes the answers much more informative.  At this point, I would suggest a combination of Botox and temporary fillers, such as HA products, which can easily be reversed.  As mentioned, you should carefully think any procedure before undergoing it.  While surgery is very effective for many people, we need to make sure that your are an appropriate candidate before jumping into new procedures.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

Wow, you are kinda tough on yourself.

+1

I am concerned that you will get yourself wrecked.  It is easy to begin to think that any feature of the face can be altered to our liking with surgery.  It is sometimes true.  However, a better out come is just one possible outcome. It is also possible that surgery may not come out the way you hoped.  That stuff that surgeons tell you before surgery as part of informed consent.  We are really telling you that we don't have all the control you think about how you will come out from surgery.  Yes you have more of an apple on the left side when you smile.  This might motivate you to ask a surgeon to give you that effect on the right side.  Problem is that we don't really have a surgery that reliably does this.  You might be offered a low placed cheek implant.  This this accomplish what you are looking for?  Unlikely.  How about low cheek filler (think the New New Face).  I think this will put you at risk of looking inauthentic.  I recommend not trying to fix everything at once.  I recommend not thinking that everything needs to be fixed.  Hopefully you will be happy with your rhinoplasty revision.  The plan sounds reasonable.  Let yourself heal from this and think many times before concerning yourself about what next.