How to Fix a Wide Nose?

I've searched everywhere but cannot find any nose job cases similar to mine. By looking at my pictures, can you tell me how this can be fixed? And if possible, the average cost for this procedure?

Wide Nose

+1

You seem to have a round tip with no definition, short central column and a wide mid nose. These qualities are usually seen in Asians. The problem is that structurally, Asian noses lack adequate septal cartilage that is necessary for tip reconstruction. Silicone implants are commonly used to correct this, however make sure your surgeon discusses all the complications that can occur when using an implant.

Rhinoplasty (nose job) for a wide nose

+1

Rhinoplasty or nose surgery for a wide nose is quite common.   Your nose appears wide not just at the dorsum or bridge where the bones appear wide, but also at the base of the nose.  To narrow wide nasal bones, they are fractured in a controlled manner and brought in.  The base of the nose can be narrowed by excising a small amount of skin at the sill of the nose.  Hope that helps.

Etai Funk, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for Wide Nose

+1

Your wide nose can be improved with rhinoplasty surgery. In addition to actually narrowing your nose cartilage grafts will probably be necessary to define and support your tip - I suspect your cartilages are soft and weak. Consult with an experienced surgeon to discuss alternatives and establish reasonable expectations.

Rhinoplasty for a Wide Nose

+1

Rhinoplasty can certainly improve the appearance of a wide nose.  The four areas of the nose that can be wide are the upper portion (the bridge), the middle portion, the tip, and the nostrils.  Depending on where your width is will depend on what needs to be done to correct it.  

Jacob D. Steiger, MD
Boca Raton Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,

Yes a rhinoplasty can thin out, narrow your nose and remove the bulbous look. I would advise an open rhinoplasty to deal with the thickness of your skin. My website below addresses nose such as yours. The cost can vary between 5000 and 10000, depending on where you have it done.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty

+1

The key to answering your question is in finding out what bothers you about your nose. Noses come in all different shapes and sizes and not everyone wants the same result. The technique necessary is completely dependent on your goals.

Marc Schneider, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty For The Infantile Wide and Broad Nose

+1

By your limited photos (no side view), you have a wide infantile tip and broad bridge deformity. You would ideally need an open rhinoplasty with tip reshaping, dorsal augmentation and narrowing osteotomies. This is essentially a major rhinoplasty which can make a significant difference in changing the appearance of your wide and broad nose. Such noses are not uncommon and usually do quite from rhinoplasty surgery after the prolonged tip swelling has subsided. Total costs can be expected to be in the range of $6500 to $9500.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Rhinoplasty

+1

What bothers you about the nose?  The photos are a helpful start, but you need to explain what bothers you.