What Can Be Done to Fix Uneven Breast Size After Silicon Implants?

I had 400cc silicone implants placed under the muscle but my right breast looks bigger than my left breast. Also them seem to be too far apart. My doctor said it's because I have more breast tissue in my right breast than in my left. He said he can't use two different silicone size and I would have to go with saline instead of silicone. I was very flat before with thin chest wall. What can be done to fix this? Should I have gone with saline instead?

Uneven breast size after implants

+3

It is important to realize that no two breasts are exactly the same.  That is true before as well as after having breast augmentation.  The differences are usually subtle variations in size and shape and are not noted by most casual observers.  However, when particular attention is directed, especially after having surgery, these small differences may seem much more significant. 

In the photograph submitted, the beasts look natural and do not appear to be obviously different beyond what is physiologically normal.  The result looks great and I would not recommend a revision based on that.  If however you which to bring them closer together, replacing them with wider implants may improve the cleavage area.  However that is limited also by the location of your nipples on your chest wall.  Bringing implants too close together may make the nipple appear off center and on the side the the of breast making them appear unnatural. 

Web reference: http://www.drhamawy.com/breast/augmentation-westchester-ny/

Uneven Breast Size after Breast Augmentation

+2
This is a question that will elicit quite a bit of advice but you will find most of it is similar. No two breasts are identical in either size or shape before or after breast augmentation. In this case, they are reasonably close and will look even better once they have settled in more. Implant position is dictated by the position of your breast and nipple on you chest wall and implant position seems fine in your case based on one view of photos. I personally would not recommend fat injections because you will be taking a complex route to try and turn a good result into a perfect result, and it will still not be perfect. If you had a thin layer of breast tissue, saline implants would not be a good idea either.

Breasts not even

+2

As has been mentioned, you do have a overall nice result.  And asymmetries are a fact of life when it comes to breasts. 

If you're intent on having perfectly equal breasts, you have a lot of issues to consider including mounting costs to have fat injections (not quite mainstream yet), change of implants (but by how much will make you perfect?), revisions of the pockets to allow more medial positioning and a better cleavage (but with nipples now rotating outwards) so the pursuit of perfection, as much as we may want it, becomes sometimes unreasonable, especially when you already have a very good result.

Its best to work with your surgeon to see what options he/she has for you and then you can consider whether it will be worth it to you in the end.  And don't forget, with aging and weght changes, you will see changes in your breasts as well that may not be quite so perfect.

Uneven Breasts After Surgery

+1

From your photos, I think you look pretty good. No surgeon can every guarantee perfection with cosmetic surgery especially with both breasts being identical.  Most patients' breasts are not "exactly the same" before surgery so it's hard to make them "exactly the same" after surgery. Yes, we can use different size implants, etc.. to try to achieve as much symmetry as possible but it's never guaranteed perfection.  I always tell my patients that their breasts will be "sisters not twins". I think you have good symmetry. I would not recommend changing to silicone. 

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_breastrevision.htm

Not necessarily

+1

You actually have a very nice result.  Kudos to your surgeon.  It is very normal to have very small differences in a woman's breast size,  80% of women have the left breast larger than the right.  20 % of women have the right breast larger thean the left.  Perfectly symmetrical breasts are very, very rare.  In additon, the left side of your chest is wider thant the right because you heart is on the left side.  Obviously there is no way to change that. To try to get perfect symmetry, you will need another operation to place a larger implant on the left side

Saline give the advantage of being able to manipulate the size of the implant in an effort to get perfect symmetry.  You could reduce the size of the right breast using liposuction(not a very good choice). I think you have a nice. There are risks to surgery.  There is no guarantee that another operation will get you what you want.

Not possible to achieve exact symmetry of breasts

+1

It is not possible to guarantee exact symmetry of your breasts following breast augmentation, as to size, shape, feel, and positioning of the implants.  However, if you feel that one is larger than the other, it is possible to use silicone implants of different sizes to each side.  Silicone implants are usually made in incremental sizes 30 cc's apart.  You could put 420 cc implant on one side and 450 cc implant on the other as an example.  From your picture, I think that your results are quite good both as to size and shape.  It is difficult to achieve perfection in plastic surgery.

Everyone has some asymmetry

+1

Sometimes there is asymmetry and the patient may not notice it until after the augmentation. First you should wait for all the swelling to subside, and then speak to your doctor about your concerns.  It is possible to use a slightly larger implant on one side to help with volume differences.

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Breast asymmetry can be corrected with revision breast augmentation.

+1

Hi.

I think it is more a matter of shape than size.  One implant is lower than the other (which makes one breast look smaller), and they are too far apart.  And your surgeon can try slightly different size silicone implants.  Maybe 375 cc's on one side and 400 cc's on the other.  But saline will not help.

Asymmetry after Breast Augmentation

+1

As has been said by many physician responders many breasts are uneven before augmentation. This difference is not in size alone. To be complete in this analysis more views are necessary but from this view alone the right breast to be aiming"down and out" compared to left breast. There is also slightly more hang to the right breast. It also appears that the left breast has slightly more upper pole fullness.

With all these slight differences I can't tell you that the volumes are different. You have a beautiful result and as I tell my patients, God has a sense of humor when it comes to symmetry.

Hope this helps.   

Breast Size after Implants?

+1

It is possible to use different size gel implants but there is a fixed choice.  With saline you can be any size or variation.  It may be possible to have your breast placed more medial for cleavage.  Talk to your doctor.  You look  actually quite good but hard to assess with one frontal photo.  Good luck.  Dr George Commoms

Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon