Possible to Fix Uneven Breast Implants?

I am wondering if anyone could please give me their opinion. My breasts are totally uneven and were NOT this asymmetrical prior to surgery. I have a 500 implant in the right and a 400 over filled to 425 in the left. I also had a lift on the left side to align the nipples. I look really bad in a push up bra and naked. Can this be fixed? I am already three months out and really upset about this.

Fix Uneven Breast Implants

+2

Yes this can be fixed by a left areolar lift/reduction and increasing the left implant volume when your scars are mature.

Breast Uneven

+1
  • It is too early to consider revision
  • When a lift is done on one breast only there may still be some asymmetry
  • I would wait several more months and then decide which breast you would like to match
  • Determine the desired breast width and possibly change one implant.
  • Revise nipple and implant pocket as needed

Richard Linderman, MD

To fix your breast surgery...

+1

Based on your photos to fix your breast surgery you would need more volume in the left implant.  To make the breasts seem more symmetrical an areloar reduction on the left  breast would help some.

Breast asymmetry unfortunately is a common occurrence if you begin asymmetrical before your surgery.  Plastic surgeon can improve things but often times there are still small differences between the two.  Try to be accepting of some of the differences and accept the limits that surgeons have as far as trying to make breasts "PERFECT".  Unfortunately God cant even make them perfect.

Good Luck to you

Kimberly Henry M.D.

San Francisco ,CA

Kimberly A. Henry, MD
Greenbrae Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry

+1

Asymmetry of breasts is normal.  But from the photo, the left side in the photo could use a bigger implants and adjustment of the areolas can be done.

Possible to Fix Uneven Breast Implants

+1

In the big scope of things, I do not see your breast as being dramatically asymmetric, I slightly larger implant with a wider base diameter in youf left breast should do well.

Postop breast aug/lift

+1

You need to at least wait 4-6months and possibly a year to allow all swelling to resolve.  Massaging can help.

Blane T. Shatkin, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry after breast augmentation

+1

I find the result of your augmentation to be quite good, in that your breasts look very natural. My goal always with breast augmentation is to get the top of the breasts as symmetrical as possible. At this time, it seems the upper pole is fuller on the right side. This could be due to swelling. In some cases it may take six months from time of surgery for the swelling to subside. It can also be due to a slow implant leak on the left side, or it could have been like this from the time of surgery.

My suggestion is to wait additional three months and be re-evaluated.

Michael A. Jazayeri, MD
Santa Ana Plastic Surgeon

Not the look for you?

+1

After looking at your picture I had the following thoughts.  

One thought was what shape breast did you desire when you planned your augmentation.  The augmentation is quite acceptable.  Your result is one of a more mature breast shape.  

The second thought was concerning the size. The size is full and you may not want all full distributed slightly more in the lower portion of the breast than the upper (i.e. mature looking breast).  

Lastly, and the most important observation.   You mentioned that you were not that asymmetric prior to surgery but when an augmentation is performed any small asymmetries become magnified because the breast are larger.  You did have sounds like a small lift to even out the nipples but maybe a slightly different lift may have been need.  This may have been discussed with you but the different lift results in more scarring.  

You need to sit down with you PS and go over your options to address your concerns.

Good luck.

Dr.ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Breast asymmetry after augmentation

+1

In your case, the efforts to improve your asymmetry fell a litle short of maybe what could have been done.  I'd wait 4 months, decide which you like better, and do a revision to get the other to match better.  One thing you can do at that time is replace the one implant, fill it in the OR and sterily protect the valve overnight so you and your surgeon can adjust the one implant with you standing in front of a mirror the next day when there is no swelling and then pull the valve and tie down a preplaced stitch.  That way, you have a say in getting the best result your body will allow. 

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Correction Post-Augmentation Breast Asymmetry

+1

The vast majority of women have uneven sized and/or located breasts. Very few have perfectly symmetric breasts. The reason why your surgeon placed "500 implant in the right and a 400 over filled to 425 in the left" was probably in attempt to correct such common pre-existing asymmetry, otherwise he/she would have placed the same volume/size implants in both breasts.

What may have happened the right, previously smaller breast, was over-augmented and is much less than 75cc smaller than the left breast. Although size asymmetry can rarely be made absolutely perfect, it CAN be narrowed much better with the use of temporary, intra-operative implant sizers.

At this time it is best to allow the inflammation from the surgery to subside before going in again. If you are happy with your larger right breast the left implant would be taken out and various sizers used until the ideal implant volume closest to right breast is identified. Then, an implant in that volume range could be placed which would provide you with much greater symmetry. If you like your left breast better, the same operation would need to be done on the right breast.

Hope this helps.

Dr. P. Aldea