Is it possible to fix the misalignment and reduce these white lip scars or combine them into one lip scar? (photos)

My 2.5 year old daughter split her lip open 6 months ago and even though we had a plastic surgeon stitch her up, the vermilion border is misaligned and she was also left with a very noticeable white track mark on the red part of her lip. Is it possible to re-align her lip line (the lip tissue was pushed up and then the lip line steps off) and is it possible to combine the two white scars on her lip into one? I know it's best to wait 12-18 months to heal but it's clear that time won't fix this.

Lip Scar

+1
I'm sorry to hear about what happened to your daughter.  Based on the photos you've provided, because of the misalignment of the vermilion border, it is unlikely that this will heal properly with time.  While an in-person evaluation is recommended, it appears that this scar can be excised and fixed.  Vermilion borders need to be meticulously put together to heal well and unnoticeably.  Please consult with a board certified specialist in the face who can assist you with achieving the results you seek.

Yes, it is very possible.

+1
As a pediatric plastic surgeon, I have taken care of many lip scar deformities like your daughter's.  Since you live in Los Angeles, I would advise you to have a consultation with Dr. John Reinisch, with whom I worked with for many years.  He would give you great advice and offer you a surgical option that is right for your daughter.  

Tae Ho Kim, MD

Realigning lip scars.

+1
Realigning lip scars can be done now without waiting because as u said the alignment won't get better with time. The scar can be excised and the lip closed properly.