How can I fix the bump on the bridge of my nose? And is there any natural way to correct the bump other than surgery?

When I was 12, I fell, on the corner of a piece of wood, and had all the impact go right on the bridge of my noes. I had cut the skin wide open, blood everywhere ect. I went to the hospital where they said it was only fractured and they put some tiny tape strips on my noes where I had cut it open and they sent me home. But now I have a huge bump on the bridge of my noes..( I used to have a huge swoop button noes).

Removing Huge Nasal Hump without Surgery

+1

A small hump can sometimes be camouflaged with injections of fillers. However, surgery is necessary to eliminate a "huge bump".I need pictures to make specific suggestions.

Bump on nose--removal requires rhinoplasty!

+1

I'm sorry to hear of your traumatic nasal injury and the bump that is a constant reminder of this episode! The good news is that your bump can be removed and your nose reformed or even improved from the original. The less good news is that it requires rhinoplasty surgery; however, this is less painful and difficult than you might be imagining!

No "natural" bump removal exists--this requires surgery.

Find ABPS-certified plastic surgeons who perform lots of rhinoplasties, look at their website before and after photographs, and go have a few consultations. Ours are no-charge, and many of my colleagues offer free consultations as well. Then you can decide on who you will ask to restore your profile! For four of my patients who underwent bump removal via rhinoplasty, click on the web reference link below. Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

+1

Rhinoplasty usually provides the best solution.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Bump on the nasal bridge?

+1

Usually, prominent nasal bridges and humps can be improved to achieve a natural appearing better cosmetic with a rhinoplasty. There is no longlasting non-surgical procedure than can remove the bump.

I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon with extensive nasal surgery experience who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or a facial plastic surgeon that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Nasal hump removal

+1

Surgical rhinoplasty is the only way to remove the bony and cartilaginous hump in the nose. Once a large hump is removed, osteotomies will be required to close the open roof deformity and straighten the nasal bones from the previous fracture. For many examples and more information about rhinoplasty, please see the link below