What can I do to fix the bent nose? What can I do to make my nose smaller and proportional? Would a procedure help?

I was beaten up by a few guys about a year ago. I received Injuries such a left eye socket fracture and a fractured nose on my upper left side of my nose (bridge) My nose immedietly took on a boomerang shape. I took the courage to bend it back my self one afternoon, and how i thought it was back into place originally. I did hear a pop sound when i tried to fix my nose by applying pressure with both thumbs. I can almost never breath correctly out of both nostrils.

Crooked noses often have breathing issues

+1
In most traumatic nasal injuries that result in problems such as yours, an open septo rhinoplasty would allow me to realign the septum, lower your hump, and place spreader grafts to improve both the appearance and function of the nose.

Lafayette Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty to fix and straightened a fractured nose

+1
A rhinoplasty can be performed to straighten the nasal bones which include medial and lateral osteotomies. A  cartilaginous spreader graft may also be need to be placed underneath the concave upper lateral cartilage in the mid vault area.
A septoplasty would be required to improve the breathing problems out of the nose if the cartilage and bone in the back of the nose is blocking your airflow. Both of these procedures can be performed at the same time under one  Anesthesia.

Septorhinoplasty and Chin Augmentation

+1
There is a lot of room for improvement in your current nose condition. By doing a full septorhinoplasty, your nose could be made straighter, breathe better and have some overall reshaping to make it more defined. You may also consider a chin augmentation with your septorhinoplasty to give your face better proportions and help make the nose look smaller.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Procedure to fix bent nose

+1
Based on your photos and symptoms, the bridge appears broad and deviated while the tip is bulbous and deviated as well. Your septum is most likely deviated and the turbinates may be congested. The solution for this is septo rhinoplasty.
In addition, on the profile view, your chin is noticeably deficient and a chin implant or a sliding genioplasty will greatly improve this area and harmonize your facial features.

Somyos Kunachak, MD
Thailand Facial Plastic Surgeon

I agree that a genioplasty could be very helpful for you, in addition to a rhinoplasty.

+1
An open rhinoplasty would give the best access to your nose and the septum and allow the surgeon the best exposure for correcting your appearance of your nose and also your breathing problems.
A genioplasty will give you much more balance to your face. I prefer a sliding genioplasty without the use of an implant. The bone is cut and moved forward and held in place with a small metal plate and screws.

Rodney A. Green, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

What Can Be Done To Fix a Twisted Nose After Injury...

+1
Nasal Disfigurement after injury can be a challenging problem to address.  I would suggest the following:
  1. Find a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon that devotes a large portion of his practice to nasal surgery
  2. From your photograph it appears that you have displaced your septum and left nasal bone to the
      right and you are probably experiencing breathing difficulties through your left nostril.
  3. This would require a repositioning of your nasal bones and your septum (the partition) that separates
      your nostrils internally.
  4. It is an outpatient procedure and it requires that a nasal splint is worn for one week after surgery.
  5. Don't be surprised if your nasal breathing does not improve immediately.  There will be external and
      swelling which must subside for breathing to finally improve.
  6. If you are insured the your doctor can send a letter and this procedure can often be covered.

Good Luck 

Joseph Rucker, MD, FACS
Eau Claire Plastic Surgeon

What Should I Do To Fix My Nose?

+1
Hi.   A septorhinoplasty would allow me to fix the issues that you have with your nose.  I would reduce the hump and the tip and straighten your nose and straighten your septum and turbinates to give you as much room as possible to breath.   

Jonathan Pontell, MD, FACS
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1
Your nose can be refined and straightened through a closed rhinoplasty technique.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Bent nose

+1
You would likely benefit from a rhinoplasty combined with a septoplasty.  I would be willing to bet that part of the reason for your bent nose is that your septum is not straight.  Also, while you did not mention this you might consider a genioplasty.  It would significantly change your profile in a way that I think your would find appealing.

Adam Bryce Weinfeld, MD

Nose

+1
I would find a board certified plastic surgeon in your area and go there for a consultation. Your nose can be fixed and your breathing improved and more then likely if you have insurance it will be covered. Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon