What can I do to fix the bags under my eyes? (Photo)

I'm 28 and feel like under my eyes look much older! - I'm the jacksonville fl area I would love a recommendation.

The cause of puffy eye bags in young people, and how they can be addressed permanently for a fresher, and natural look

+1
Persistent puffiness under the eyes can make a person look older. The anatomy of constant puffy bags under the eyes is called lower eyelid fat prolapse. Lower eyelid fat prolapse means that the fat that is normally around your eyes pushes forward and creates this bulge. Most of our patients who come to us have tried topical creams, looked online and bought all kinds of things that don’t work. They’ve also used tea bags and cucumbers. Unfortunately, those things can’t work because it’s a physical volume of fat pushing forward.

For a young person, my typical approach is to perform a procedure called transconjunctival blepharoplasty. Transconjunctival blepharoplasty means reduction and repositioning of fat pockets from the inside of the eyelid. This way we avoid any external incision and scars. From my perspective, I’m able to preserve the beautiful shape and character of the eyes when I do this procedure. I also do this procedure under local anesthesia with LITE™ IV sedation. That means you don’t have to go under general anesthesia. You’re relaxed and within a relatively short period, the puffy bags are reduced.

I also noticed that there are a few fine lines under your eyes. This is something that we can’t necessarily make a recommendation for unless you are having a proper physical examination. When there are fine lines under the eyes, it is very important that you wear sunblock and protect your skin especially since you live in Florida. If there is an indication, we will sometimes do a little fractional CO2 laser as well as platelet-rich plasma injection to help improve the collagen and appearance of fine lines. Sometimes, it’s just the use of a simple topical retinol product. In our practice, we actually have a whole skin care line and we have some nice retinol products too.

I think your next step is to meet with some qualified experienced cosmetic surgeons and look at some before and after pictures. Find a doctor that you click with and move forward. I think that having the bags reduced from your eyes will make a very big difference in the appearance of your face and certainly brighten you up, especially for someone as young as you. I hope that was helpful, I wish you the best of luck, and thank you for your question.

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Fixing the lower eyelid bags?

+1
Most expert experienced artistic plastic surgeons have a variety of procedures at their disposal to produce excellent cosmetic results in the appropriately selected patient: temporary fillers, micro-fat grafts, and blepharoplasties. There is no one best procedure. Each has benefits and drawbacks.

Following the advice of anyone who would presume to tell you exactly what to do without taking a
full medical history, examining you, feeling and assessing your tissue tone, discussing your desired outcome and fully informing you about the pros and cons of each option would not be in your best interest. Find a plastic surgeon that you are comfortable with and one that you trust and listen to his or her advice. The surgeon should be certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS). You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Lower eyelid bags

+1
You do have some prolapsed fat and deep tear troughs.  You could fill in the tear trough which will mask the fat and smooth out the lid.  You could do a fat reposition blepharoplasty but you are a bit young for that!

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

What can I do to fix the bags under my eyes?

+1
As you've demonstrated in your photos, lower eyelid "bags" are always more pronounced when one looks upward. The two most common approaches to treating lower eyelid bags include fillers to camouflage the bag and fill the hollow beneath the lower eyelid bag (lasts about one year) or surgery to remove or reposition the fat causing the lower eyelid bag (long-lasting result). Seek a consultation with an eyelid surgery specialist in your region for more specific advice and discussion about what will work best for you. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon