How to Fix a Silicone Implant That Feels Like It is Folded?

I am three weeks post-op for breast implant exchange. I went from 425 cc's (saline) to 330 cc's (silicone). The left implant looks perfect. The right implant looks oblong compared to the left and is higher and harder. I feel rippling just under the nipple whereas with the left implant, the rippling is felt on the sides and under the breast (I assume where it should be felt). Also, when I massage on the right, I feel a sensation which causes tingling into my shoulder and down my right arm. Help!

+1

It is nearly impossible to correct a folded and contracted implant without surgical intervention on the breast. Trying a course of breast implant displacment exercises may hlep but is not always successful.

Implant malposition

+1

It is difficult to say what is exactly going on with your implants without at least a photo and of course an exam.

Abnormally looking and feeling Breast Implant

+1
It is hard to tell you what may be the reason for your implant's appearance without an examination much less a photograph. However, from the description of a narrow, oblong breast shape with anterior rather side ridges it certainly sounds asif your implant may be flipped on its side. I would advise you to see your Plastic surgeon who would be ableto advise you on how to best correct this condition.

Breast Revision Surgery

+1

Difficult to really say what is going on without photos and an exam, but I would say that you may be developing a capsular contracture on that side, eventhough it is pretty early postop.

You need to see your surgeon and discuss with him or her what is going on and get some input.

Good luck.

Farbod Esmailian, MD