Is It Possible to Fix One Side of Nose with Rhinoplasty? (photo)

I am considering getting a rhinoplasty. I am happy with how my right profile looks, but my left and right profiles are very different. I have a large bump on my left bridge that makes the nose appear much larger. I was wondering if it is possible to rasp one side of the nose without touching my right side? How much would a procedure like this cost? Thank you

Fixing Only One Side with Rhinoplasty

+2

Certainly we can alter the way we take down the bump to make things right. Dealing with asymmetry is our job. You should make sure to choose a board certified cosmetic nasal surgeon who has a passion for Rhinoplasty. It is my favorite case so I really take it to heart when I do these cases. I take all cases to heart but have a special place for Rhinoplasty surgery. You need to choose someone with passion for this. Trust is a must. Cost varies. I agree with what Dr. Mayer quoted you.

Rhinoplasty to correct asymmetric profiles

+1

It is not possible to have a unilateral rhinoplasty. The hump can be certainly removed more off one side than the other.  The asymmetries that are addressed at the time of the rhinoplasty are at best an asymmetrical surgical procedure such as spreader grafts placed on a concaved side. Osteotomies will also need to be performed on both sides of the nasal bridge line.  A chin implant should also be considered for balance.

Rhinoplasty surgery

+1

A great rhinoplasty surgeon will be able to create a nose that is in harmony with the rest of your face and complements your own facial features. Specific concerns can be addressed during a consult, and discussing your needs and goals for the procedure with your surgeon ahead of time will ensure you are happy with the final result. Computer imaging software can be used to give you an idea of how the final result may appear, and will serve as a fantastic communication tool between you and your prospective surgeon. Cost of a primary rhinoplasty ranges from $10,000 - $15,000. My junior associate Dr. Yoo (who I trained) charges $7,000 - $10,000 for the procedure. I hope this helps, and best of luck to you! 

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Rhinoplasty

+1

You appear to be an excellent candidate for rhinoplasty.  It is not at all uncommon for a nose to have some degree of asymmetry which can be improved with surgery.  The hump on your bridge is larger than what I could reduce with simply filing the bridge.  The hump need to be removed with a chisel and the bones broken to get a good result.  your nose also needs to be shortened significantly.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Uneven bump and rhinoplasty

+1

A rhinoplasty can be performed to work on a dorsal hump. More specifics and an in-person exam is critical.

Rhinoplasty for the nasal bump that is uneven.

+1

Rhinoplasty for the nasal bump that is uneven can be done to even the nose with removal of the bump. Choose a very experienced surgeon for the best result. Cost varies but is $6-8000.