How Do I Fix Roll over Incision? (photo)

I had lipo/mini tuck 8 months ago and seem to have developed a roll over my incicsion. This roll was exactly what I had before surgery from an old C section. I am exercising and dieting but roll is still there. Is there any way to fix this? I prefer not to be cut again.

Liposuction may be beneficial if there is excess fat

Thank you for the question and photos.  If the roll near your incision is primarily fat it can be corrected with liposuction.  Excess laxity will require a revision tummy tuck or at least a scar revision.

Dr Remus Repta

8900 E Raintree Rd
Scottsdale, AZ 85260

How Do I Fix Roll over Incision?

Sorry for the excess skin/fat above the incision. Best to obtain a revision under local or local sedation anesthesia. Best to you. 

6330 Manor Lane
Miami, FL 33143

Abdominoplasty revision

Your skin may not be optimally elastic resulting in the excess skin adjacent to the scar line.  Revision may be beneficial but I would encourage you to wait for additional healing to occur prior to making a decision for surgery.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

112-03 Queens Blvd
Forest Hills, NY 11375

Excess fullness after mini-tummytuck (abdominoplasty)

This fullness should settle by 8 months.  It is likely that you would benefit from a revision.  Speak to your surgeon and have him/her provide you with side-by-side pictures pre- and post-op.  He/she should be willing to work with you on this if your contours have not significantly improved.

Daniel Greenwald, MD

1208 East Kennedy Blvd
Tampa, FL 33602

Roll over scar in lower abdomen

At 8 months, things shoudl be settling down pretty well. If you still have issues with the upper flap appearing to hang over the lower one, I would give it another few months to see if it is just swelling. If it is still present, you may want to opt for a scar revision to possibly soften the asymmetry.

1049 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10028

Skin roll after mini tummy tuck

After eight months the skin roll probably reflects skin laxity and contraction of the scar to the deeper tissues causing a the indentation and roll above. Your result might be improved by a revision of the scar and modest reduction of the skin, however a revision is just that and does involve surgery.

8901 West Golf Road
Des Plaines, IL 60016

While I can see in the lateral photo what is unsatisfactory, only an in person exam can determine what can be done. There is fullness in the lower abdomen just above the incision.

Whether this is:

• excess skin
  • bulging abdominal wall
  • fluid collection

can be determined on exam. If it is fluid, and that seems least likely, it can be aspirated. Excess skin to lax abdominal wall can only be addressed by surgery. 

A visit to your surgeon can sort this out, and can let the surgeon know of your dissatisfaction. You can both discuss the options.

Thanks for the question and for the attached photos. Best wishes.

1110 112th Avenue NE
Bellevue, WA 98004