How Do I Fix Roll over Incision? (photo)

I had lipo/mini tuck 8 months ago and seem to have developed a roll over my incicsion. This roll was exactly what I had before surgery from an old C section. I am exercising and dieting but roll is still there. Is there any way to fix this? I prefer not to be cut again.

Liposuction may be beneficial if there is excess fat

+1

Thank you for the question and photos.  If the roll near your incision is primarily fat it can be corrected with liposuction.  Excess laxity will require a revision tummy tuck or at least a scar revision.

Dr Remus Repta

Web reference: http://www.aaaplasticsurgery.com/plastic-surgery/tummy-tuck.cfm

How Do I Fix Roll over Incision?

+1

Sorry for the excess skin/fat above the incision. Best to obtain a revision under local or local sedation anesthesia. Best to you. 

Abdominoplasty revision

+1

Your skin may not be optimally elastic resulting in the excess skin adjacent to the scar line.  Revision may be beneficial but I would encourage you to wait for additional healing to occur prior to making a decision for surgery.

Excess fullness after mini-tummytuck (abdominoplasty)

+1

This fullness should settle by 8 months.  It is likely that you would benefit from a revision.  Speak to your surgeon and have him/her provide you with side-by-side pictures pre- and post-op.  He/she should be willing to work with you on this if your contours have not significantly improved.

Roll over scar in lower abdomen

+1

At 8 months, things shoudl be settling down pretty well. If you still have issues with the upper flap appearing to hang over the lower one, I would give it another few months to see if it is just swelling. If it is still present, you may want to opt for a scar revision to possibly soften the asymmetry.

Skin roll after mini tummy tuck

+1

After eight months the skin roll probably reflects skin laxity and contraction of the scar to the deeper tissues causing a the indentation and roll above. Your result might be improved by a revision of the scar and modest reduction of the skin, however a revision is just that and does involve surgery.

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com/tummy-tuck

?REVISION??

+1

While I can see in the lateral photo what is unsatisfactory, only an in person exam can determine what can be done. There is fullness in the lower abdomen just above the incision.

Whether this is:

• excess skin
  • bulging abdominal wall
  • fluid collection

can be determined on exam. If it is fluid, and that seems least likely, it can be aspirated. Excess skin to lax abdominal wall can only be addressed by surgery. 

A visit to your surgeon can sort this out, and can let the surgeon know of your dissatisfaction. You can both discuss the options.

Thanks for the question and for the attached photos. Best wishes.