How to Correct Radiesse Non Surgical Rhinoplasty Results?

A few years ago I got a non surgical nose job with Radiesse. The doctor attempted to make my wide nostrils look thinner by filling to lift up the nostrils. Instead, it looked bigger. Later, he put steroid shots to thin the tip. My tissue cartilage started to deflate and thin, and my nose had weird indentions. The cartilage droops and protrudes to the front, giving a weird, lumpy, unnatural-looking tip. Bridge tissue was drooped and thinned, so my nose looks even more flatter with a weird shadow. What can be done to correct this?

Correction of Nose Deformity

Dear Uneven Nostrils

How long has it been since the 1) Radiesse injections 2) Steroid injections?

The steroid effects can soften over time- 6 months to a year and the tissue may improve. Also the Radiesse will go away over time as well. Caution must be take with the thin skin on the tip of your nose and a surgical approach or use of any other fillers. This is a tricky problem and you should obtain a couple of opinions before doing anything. There are several good Dermatologists and Plastic Surgeons in your area that may be able to help.

With Warm Regards,

Trevor M Born MD

199 Avenue Road
Toronto, Ontario M5R 2J3

True Rhinoplasty

Significant damage has been done to your nose. In order to correct it it you will need a formal rhinoplasty. In addition you will most likely need cartilage grafts to correct the deformity and strengthen the nose. Be sure you see a well experienced rhinoplasty surgeon has this procedure takes many years to perfect.

Christopher L. Hess, MD
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

3930 Pender Drive
Fairfax, VA 22030

Rhinoplasty revision

Thanks for your question -

You have serious issues that should be addressed by a board certified plastic surgeon or facial plastic surgeon. Thin skin, visible cartilage and radiesse correction will likely require surgery.

Be sure you visit someone with experience with rhinoplasty revision.

Steven H. Williams, MD

4000 Dublin Blvd
Dublin, CA 94568

This is serious

You need to see a real plastic surgeon to correct the errors from the first person.  Do not even think of going to someone who is not tops in rhinoplasty.

Scott E. Kasden, MD

2813 W Southlake Blvd
Southlake, TX 76092

Surgery is probably your best option

What you are describing sounds to be a difficult problem, but can probably be improved with a rhinoplasty. I would recommend finding a Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area to examine you-- he'll be able to tell you what your options are and what you can realistically expect from a surgical correction.

Shahram Salemy, MD, FACS

1101 Madison Street
Seattle, WA 98104

See proper surgeon

I would recommend a board certified facial plastic surgeon. This type of training includes both ENT (ear, nose and throat) as well as plastic surgery and they are best qualified to do corrective nose surgery.

Good luck.

Mary P. Lupo, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist

145 Robert E. Lee Blvd
New Orleans, LA 70124

Radiesse to nose, complications

I would consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon (preferably ENT (ear-nose-throat)-trained) to evaluate your problem.  Sounds like you may need surgical correction.

Good luck.

Bryan K. Chen, MD
San Diego Dermatologist

10672 Wexford Street
San Diego, CA 92131

Hard to make recommendations without seeing your nose

Without seeing your nose in person it will be hard to make any significant recommendations. Can you submit a picture with your eyes concealed?

By your description, it appears that you have suffered the effects of pressure and steroid atrophy. If you have lost support and volume in areas of your nose, this may require cartilage support procedures and possible soft-tissue grafting. You should consult a specialist in secondary rhinoplasty to try to ameliorate the problems you face with your nose. Be careful, though, as removal of injected materials can affect the blood supply to the skin of the nose causing tissue healing problems.

Dr. Toriumi in Chicago deals with the post-Radiesse nose frequently and even has a page on his website dedicated to the problem. If he is too difficult to access, please email me and I can contact you with different suggestions.

Good luck.

Manish H. Shah, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon

101 University Blvd
Denver, CO 80206

Picture would be helpful

you need a consultation with board certified plastic surgeon to examine you and give you the option. You present an unusual situation. Most effective tx would be open rhinoplasty and removal of the radiesse. 

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

3901 Veterans Blvd
Metairie, LA 70002