Best Procedure to Fix Ptosis and Tubular Breasts?

My breasts were always very tubular and oddly shaped. I dealt with weight gain and loss throughout high school(Bs to DDs). I want pre-consultation insight from a few doctors or patients that are familiar with the different types of surgeries available, mainly the ones best suited.

How hard is it to fix my ptosis, skin sagging, over larged nipples and tubular breasts? $ is not an option when it comes to my body. What ways can I combat scarring being that I'm bi-racial? I am 5'10 145 lbs 20y/o

Tuberous breasts and breast augmentation

+4
Tuberous breasts tend to be narrow at the base and are overly projecting for their size, and this phenomenon may occur on one or both sides. In its mildest form, the lower pole of the breast is underdeveloped or may even appear constricted - sometimes referred to as a 'constricted lower pole'. In severe cases the breast is conical in shape and is sometimes described by the patient as looking like a 'torpedo' or a 'Snoopy dog'. Regardless of the degree of tuberosity, it is possible to dramatically improve the appearance of the tuberous breast during augmentation surgery using a number of specialized surgical techniques.
Many patients with severely tuberous breasts have said that they have never removed their bra in an intimate setting. Careful patient assessment, thoughtful planning and attention to detail during the surgical procedure can produce a dramatic and life-changing improvement for most patients with tuberous breasts.
There are many photos on this site, from many plastic surgeons, including myself, of before and after photographs of patients with tuberous breats

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation together with breast lift

+2

Your photos do not look like tubular breasts to me. They look more like drooping or ptotic breasts from the front but on side view the nipple is not below the breast crease. That is psuedoptosis. This is probably related to the weight gain and loss you described. The photos show divergent pointing nipples, stretchec areolae, asymmetry with the left breast narrower and hanging lower than the right. To even the size you will need to remove tissue from the right or add different sized implants to left and right. To correct for the diverging nipples and stretched areolae you will need a skin procedure. The best pattern of skin removal would depend on your measurements and what degree of skin incision/scar you are willing to live with. This is not a straight forward case so make sure you see a few surgeons before deciding what to do.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

Breast Enhancement

+1
I think a combination of a lift and implants will improve your overall size and shape which is what I think most people want

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

Breast augmentation with extra high profile implant and periareolar mastopexy.

+1
Breast augmentation with extra high profile silicone gel implants and periareolar mastopexy. Very good option if you do not mind to go bigger......otherwise periareolar mastopexy alone is a good alternative. 

Ioannis Michael Ch. Salivaras, MD
UAE Plastic Surgeon

Tubular Breasts: Breast Augmentation with Lift

+1
Tuberous breasts usually present with pointed breasts, narrow breast diameter, large areola, and sagginess.  In my practice, the most common treatment is breast augmentation with circle or Binelli mastopexy.  This procedure widens the breast, creates cleavage, reduces the pointiness, and creates smaller areola.

Stephen Bresnick, MD

Breast ptosis and tubular breasts

+1

The photos you provided demonstrate mild to moderate ptosis with large areolae and asymmetry of breast size.  If you also want your breasts to be somewhat larger, I would recommend bilateral breast augmentation combined with a "mini" breast lift where the areola is lifted and reduced in size while avoiding the vertical and horizontal "anchor-like" scars.  Good luck.

Andrew P. Giacobbe, MD
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous breasts (tubular breasts) : there is a solution!

+1

Your breasts do have some features of tuberous breast deformity although they are very mild in this spectrum.  The good news is that I have developed a specific technique to create natural appearing breasts with hidden scars for this type of breast shape. The procedure involves a special subfascial placement of silicone implants and a special nipple lift and areolar reduction with a hidden scar.  

Rian A. Maercks M.D.

Rian A. Maercks, MD

Not tubular breasts

+1
Hi,
I agree with the other surgeons here that you do NOT have tubular/tuberous breast deformity. You do appear to have ptosis, or overhang, of the breasts, and yet you also have a fair amount of volume, as judged solely from your photos. A good board-certified plastic surgeon can give you an idea of the projection and volume you would retain with a lift alone (I would suggest you need a vertical lift), vs. a lift with implants. I caution you that augmentation alone is likely to leave your nipples looking too low and the shape of the breasts oblong, so I would definitely recommend a combination lift (mastopexy) and augmentation, assuming your exam in my office duplicated my impression of your photos.
Best of luck in your decision on where to go for your surgery.

Tim A. Sayed, MD, FACS
Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon

You need mastopexy & fat grafting.

+1

You may do well with a peri areolar breast lift combined with fat injection augmentation to achieve symmetry & right size for you.Fat grafting can achieve a better result provided your surgeon is experienced in it.

Anup Dhir, MD
India Plastic Surgeon

You have a mild form of tubular breasts

+1

You a mild tubular breast form with what appears on your photo to be a good tissue envelope.  Lowering your inframammary fold through a periareolar approach with circum areolar mastopexy and areolar reduction is a good plan.  Furthermore, placement of a submammary cohesive gel implant will likely yeild better shape with less chance of the waterfall or late double bubble look from descent of the breast.  You should use silicone scar sheeting on the surface of your healing incisions to lower the risk of a poor scar outcome.

Chen Lee, MD
Montreal Plastic Surgeon