How Should I Fix my Previously Broken Nose?

22 now but was hit in the nose with a soccer ball when I was younger. Now I notice the left side of my nose curves inward. The two sides of my face look completely different to me. My deviated septum was fixed at 16 & my Dr commented about fixing the bump but I hadn't noticed it. I've read that changing your nose can change your entire face & its best to compliment your other features. How should I fix this & make the left side more feminine (and less sharp) like the right? Is it possible?

Previously broken nose and options

+1

A rhinoplasty would definitely improve the appearance of your nose; the operative plan would most likely involve rebreaking the nose ( osteotomies)  and probably some adjustments with the cartilage framework including cartilage grafts, possibly so-called "spreader grafts", and possibly some further adjustments of the septum; I would certainly get several opinions from board-certified plastic surgeons conversant with rhinoplasty, and let them "walk you through" the options.  Remember that facial s asymmetry is the norm not the exception

Rhinoplasty

+1

The nose certainly can be improved to soften the dorsum and the tip.  Remember, everyone has facial asymmetry and one side always looks a bit different from the other.

How should I fix my previously broken nose?

+1

From the photos, of your nose, it would seem that a closed Rhinoplasty with osteotomies (breaking the bones), removal of a slight dorsal hump and tip plasty would make the nose more symmetric and refined.  

+1

Your posted photo series is very helpful, but you need in person evaluations and discussions to overview the exact needs for your rhinoplasty. 

Rhinoplasty for the broken nose.

+1

Rhinoplasty for the broken nose involves straightening the nose and the septum and bump shaving  to give you a more feminine nose. You can leave the tip alone. See an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who does notural noses.

Difference between right and left

+1

It is normal for the two sides to be different. There are a number of options depending on your goals. I would see a surgeon with experience performing rhinoplasty.

Jay M. Pensler, MD

How to fix a broken nose

+1

Dear Nejtack, It is too bad you didn't have it fixed when the septum was repaired.  Your problem appears to be somewhat complex and you do need to see an experienced plastic surgeon who performs a large number of rhinoplasties.  Without getting into the technical aspects and since I am not able to examine you in person there appear to be several problems.  The nose is crooked and needs to be straightened.  I would bet there is still significant devaition of the septum.  You will need to have the nose broken (osteotomies is the fancy or medical term) to straighten it, and you may need some cartilage grafting to maintain the position.

Again most important is that you see a qualified experienced surgeon before proceeding.  You may even want to see several in consultation as this is not an acute problem.

Good luck, Dr. Schuster from Boca Raton Florida

Steven Schuster, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Broken nose

+1

Thank you for the pictures but, they really don't show enough to make decisions. You nee to see a qualified surgeon. However the long and short of ir is that you need a rhinoplasty

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

Rhinoplasty with cartilage grafting to improve symmetry

+1

Hi there! The asymmetries you note can be improved upon with a rhinoplasty with cartilage grafting. Since you had a septoplasty in the past, the cartilage may need to be harvested from your ear. While perfect symmetry is not realistic (we all have subtle asymmetries that may or may not be noticeable), an improvement in symmetry (and perhaps breathing, if that is affected) are expected results of a well-done rhinoplasty. I would not definitively make more specific recommendations without a more thorough nasal exam, but most likely conservative hump takedown, spreader grafts and osteotomies would significantly improve your concerns. Find an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon- who should be able to morph your photos to show you expected results. Good luck!

Catherine Winslow, MD
Indianapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon