Fix Me Please. Unhappy With Rhino Results 1 Year Later? (photo)

Hello, I had my surgery exactly a year ago and soon after, I realized that m unhappy with the results. Attached are some picture of before and after. Today m still unhappy with my bridge, the tip is sticking out too much and there is no smooth transition between bridge and tip, I hate my nostrils, and I find its still pointing down. I would like some advice on what can be fixed and how.

Revisional Rhinoplasty

+1

While your photos are not the best, they do show significant improvement over your nose shape before surgery. Is there room for further improvement...yes. There still is the presence of a hump (albeit smaller), a tip that is still a little wide, nostrils that have some lateral collapse, and a bit of an exaggerated supratip break due to a tip that is still slightly too long. Revisional rhinoplasty can provide some further improvement based on where you are now. 

Not Happy With Results of Primary Rhinoplasty Procedure

+1

Looking at the photos you provided, it is a challenge to accurately compare the before and after results. From what I can see, you might benefit from revision rhinoplasty to improve the transition from your tip to the bridge as seen from the side view. All bets are off when considering the front view as the two photos are from different angles. I would recommend you consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon in your area who specializes in cosmetic revision rhinoplasty surgery.

John M. Hilinski, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Can't Tell What Needs Fixing on Your Rhinoplasty

+1

As much as I would like to be helpful, it's impossible to say with the photos you provided. The angle of your head in these photos make it very difficult to tell what is going on. I can tell you that the photo you sent from the side actually looks like a pretty good result. Your concerns about it pointing down can't be determined from these photos. Sorry.

Michael R. Menachof, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision rhinoplasty for the disliked nose.

+1

Revision rhinoplasty for the disliked nose with a bump, depression above the tip, overly rotated, overly projected and long nose can be revised and give you a better nose. In more than 35 years of doing noses like yours the key is find a very experienced revision rhinoplasty surgeon and who understands exactly YOUR goals not his.

Fixing an unhappy rhinoplasty

+1
We can't tell from your photos just where the problem is and sort out what would make you happy. We would suggest a visit with a surgeon who can do computer simulations with your photos so that you can see just how changes might work out before you commit. Remember revision is harder than the first procedure so look for experience and resist the 'simple' answer.