Surgery to Fix Dorsal Hump?

I think i have a dorsal hump and its probably hereditary also i have never bleed from my nose, and i want to get it fixed and something that isn't too expensive what can you guys recommend?

Fixing dorsal hump with surgery

+1

You will definitely require a full rhinoplasty and not just a hump removal. By removing only the hump on this nose, the nasal tip will not be in balance with the remainder of the nose. Osteotomies will narrow the nasal bones and prevent an open roof deformity or a flat top nose. Cost of cosmetic rhinoplasty is approximately $6,000.00, which includes the operating room, surgeon’s fee, and anesthesia. It is important to have this performed in a Medicare certified surgery center by a board certified physician anesthesiologist as well as a board certified facial plastic surgeon who has performed many rhinoplasties.

Reduction of Dorsal Nasal Hump

+1

Your hump can be permanently reduced or eliminated with rhinoplasty surgery. I respectfully disagree with excelent surgeons who would use fillers in a nose like yours; you need a reduction, not augmentation. Most fillers are temporary and therefore must be repeated throughout life, ultimately costing more than surgery. Having said that, I advise you to carefully review all options.

Fixing a dorsal hump

+1

As many doctors have already said here, it looks like a rhinoplasty might be your best bet for lasting results. It's best to be evaluated in person with a board certified plast surgeon who can take a close look at the anatomy of your nose, your facial balance, harmony and proportions and formulate a plan that is unique to you and designed to give you the best results.

Deason Dunagan, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for dorsal hump

+1

The best treatment for you is a well performed natural appearing rhinoplasty.
There are no good shortcuts and people are often dissatisfied when they get what
they perceive to be a financial “ bargain.” You should seek consultations with well-trained experienced aesthetically oriented rhinoplasty surgeons. A good result with which you will be happy will last you a lifetime. A poor result will lead to dissatisfaction, unhappiness and additional surgical revision procedures. Fillers are not suitable in your case.

Sigmund L. Sattenspiel, MD
Freehold Facial Plastic Surgeon

Improve a Nasal Hump with Rhinoplasty Surgery

+1

First, be very careful with any injections into the nose. The nose is very susceptible to color changes, discoloration, swelling, blood flow, pain, numbness, and other potential complications with inappropriate injections into the nose.

There isn't a filler on the market currently that is FDA approved for injection into the nose. Everything is being used off-label. Fillers should never be placed into the tip of the nose, since complications may more likely occur at the nasal tip. Fillers should only placed in the bridge to help smooth contour irregularities and to provide augmentation. Fillers which have been used for nonsurgical rhinoplasty include Radiesse and hyaluronic acids.

Humps on the nose are generally better refined by reducing the hump with surgery, rather than filling a depression next to the hump for camouflage.

Depending on the specific anatomy of your nose and your desires, I suggest first speaking with a rhinoplasty surgeon who can use computer imaging to simulate rhinoplasty. You'll be able to visualize in real time what possibilities are potentially available. Only after a comprehensive in-person evaluation can a plastic surgeon help determine the appropriate options for you.

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for dorsal hump

+1

You are a good candidate to reduce the size of your nose. I am offering a temporary price reduction on all cosmetic surgery as well as excellent financy. Watch my video!

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty versus non-surgical rhinoplasty for a hump.

+1

Many times an isolated dorsal hump can be camouflaged with a non-surgical rhinoplasty for those who want to avoid the cost and downtime of surgery (or who are simply opposed to surgery). Temporary fillers like Juvéderm can let a patient "try it on." For permanent solutions, I prefer Artefill to Silikon-1000. Artefill is actuallyFDA approved as a cosmetic filler (while Silikon-1000 is not). Artefill is also much less likely to migrate and is arguably less technique-sensitive than Silikon-1000, thus improving the odds of success.

Note that non-surgical rhinoplasty cannot offer all the options and possibilities of a surgical rhinoplasty, though. Surgery may still be the best option if there are other concerns about the shape/size of the nose.

--DCP

David C. Pearson, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

+1

Fixing a dorsal hump is best by having a rhinoplasty. Fillers can make the nose look larger if you have a dorsal dump already.

Rhinoplasty offers your best bet for permanent correction

+1

A rhinoplasty would likely help you tremendously. If the dorsal hump is your only significant concern, you most likely are an excellent candidate for a closed approach (incisions only within the inside of your nose). This could be performed under anesthesia as an outpatient procedure.

Your best bet is consultation with either a board certified plastic surgeon or facial plastic surgeon. Best of luck.

Sam Jejurikar, MD

Rhinoplasty and nasal hump

+1

You will definitely benefit from rhinoplasty.  It's important to note however, that cosmetic nasal surgery in men is different than in women.  As a man, you want to retain a strong profile without overrotating the tip.  The last thing you want is to have a feminine nose after rhinoplasty.  Any functional or breathing issues you may have can be treated surgically at the same time.

Etai Funk, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon