Recommendations for How to Refine Nose?

I am interested in getting my nose done. I have always thought my nose was a little too big for my face and a bit bulbous. What surgery techniques would improve my nose by making it slightly smaller and giving it more shape at the tip? Do you think I am approaching this surgery with the right idea of what would improve my nose? Thanks!

Rhinoplasty to refine a bulbous nose

+2

The tip appears quite bulbous in relation to the rest of the nose and removal of some cartilage in the tip could be performed. You may require suturing of the two lower level cartilages at the tip through some interdomal tip suturing techniques. There also appears to be a depression on your right side of the nose, which may require a spreader graft at the mid third of the nose. Obviously any hump removal should also be done at the same time, but it is impossible to tell from this picture if you have a dorsal hump. 

Nasal Tip Refinement with Rhinoplasty Surgery

+2

Rhinoplasty is not one operation, but many potential operation. Rhinoplasty surgery is unique for each person based on individual anatomy and personal goals. Cosmetic nose surgery to reduce bulbous tip typically involves reducing the native cartilage of the tip of the nose. Tip rhinoplasty may be performed via an endonasal (closed) or open approach to refine and narrow the tip. Only after a comprehensive evaluation by a rhinoplasty surgeon can he/she determine the appropriate options for you. Best of luck.

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal Refinement

+1

The most important thing you should do to refine your nose is select an experienced surgeon whose results you like. It's difficult to evaluate your nose in this picture where you're smiling. You do have the right idea when you suggest making your nose slightly smaller.

Approach to nasal tip

+1

A thorough exam is necessary to evaluate the status of the nose but based on my limited review, I  would recommend an open tip, tip graft, Weif, etc.

Refining nose is standard part of rhinoplasty

+1

I would need to to see multiple angles of your nose to see all that would be required to refine your nose.  A lot the the technique will be determined by what you want to accomplish.  The tip refinement is a standard part of most rhinoplasty procedures.

As you go over your desired changes with your surgeon, he or she can discuss the techniques that are used.  An experienced plastic surgeon can do the changes that you desire.

Best Wishes

Marcus L. Peterson, MD
Saint George Plastic Surgeon