What Can Be Done to Fix my Wide Set Saggy Breasts? (photo)

I'm 27 y/o, 220lbs, 40C, no children yet. I've always had saggy wide set breasts and no cleavage at all. I'm unhappy with the appearance of my breasts and was wondering what kind of breast augmentation and type of implant will help me develop a more fuller breast. I don't want to go very big, just want a more rounded and fuller breast. Suggestions please?

Fix my Wide Set Saggy Breasts?

+1

You need a breast augmentation and a breast lift.  You may consider performing a breast lift first and 3 months later put in implants that fit the new position of your breasts.  This two stage approach may cost a bit more, but will likely produce a more effective breast lift.  You will then be augmenting a prettier breast and, in my hands, produce a much prettier, bigger breast then a combined breast augmentation and breast lift.   Best wishes!!

Breast Augmentation and Breast Reshaping Procedure

+1

I would recommend a 300 cc moderate implant with a full breast lift, which can be used to reposition and advance tissue closer to your midline.  This gives the illusion that the gap is much smaller

Achieving proper cleavage with saggy breasts

+1

Measure the diameter of your breast over the pec and not the saggy part.  Choose an implant size to match.  Do a breast augmantation under the pec and then a vertical mastopexy.  That should give the best result.

Talmage Raine MD FACS

Talmage J. Raine, MD

Fixing sagging breasts

+1

You need a mastopexy combined with implants.  Unfortunately, as you noted, your breasts are wide set.  This will be difficult to correct.  Yours is a case in which I might perform the surgery in two stages.  first, perform the lift and in a few months you can add implants.  much less risky that way, and ultimately, you get a nicer result.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Tuberous breasts

+1

You have a tuberous breast deformity which is characterized by large and puffy areolas, sagging and lack of fullness in the lower pole of the breast.  Correction is very trick and always involves some sort of breast lift and often breasts implants.  Because of your anatomy, your breasts will never be really close together but surgery can certainly make them much better.  Make sure you consult a doctor who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and had a lot of experience with tuberous breasts.

Good luck.

Lisa L. Sowder, MD

How to correct widely separated and sagging breasts.

+1

You appear to be a good candidate for an augmentation and mastopexy. The distance between the breasts is difficult to fully correct, but using a regular profile (called a moderate profile in the Mentor series) will give better base diameter of the breast and lessen the distance while the mastopexy/lift will reduce the size of the areolae and give more fullness in the upper part of the breast to give you the perkiness. Make sure you discuss your concerns and have a realistic expectation before proceeding as this a challenging issue. Good luck.

Brian J. Lee, MD
Fort Wayne Plastic Surgeon

Treatment for saggy breasts

+1

At the very least, you will need a breast lift (mastopexy).  Breast implants are necessary if you wish to increase the size of your breasts.  Unfortunately, nothing can set your breasts closer together.

Bruce Genter, MD
Abington Plastic Surgeon

Tubular (constricted) breasts get nice correction from breast lift.

+1

The base of the breast is narrow and the nipple/areolar complex is large in diameter and well below the inframmary fold.  You are a good candidate for a mastopexy which will correct all problems.

Dysaesthetic shaped breasts with widened intermammary space

+1

You will always have an abnormally widened space between your breasts no matter what is done (that is prudent). From your photos, you would definitely benefit from a mastopexy that would aggressively address the disproportionate size of your areolas (in addition to the lift). In order to reshape the breasts to a more desirous contour, an anchor shaped scar would need to be performed. A lollipop approach would still leave you with significant deformity.

At the same time, placement of an appropriately sized implant should/could be performed.

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

You will need an augmentation and lift

+1

Thank your for the question and photos.  You will need both an augmentation to add upper and medial pole fullness as well as a circumvertical breast lift (lollipop).  The decision that will need to be made is size of implant and position of implant.  These two decision will require a more thorough discussion of your goals as well as an in-depth examination.  You may also choose to stage your procedure.  This is not done as often anymore since the combination of breast lift and augmentation can yield good result performed at the same time but there are some subtle benefits from doing so in your case.  It will be important to understand that your breast shape will place some limitation on what can be achieved in one surgery setting alone.  Have several consultations with board certified plastic surgeons to get an idea of what is available.  You will likely benefit from a MP or MP+ silicone implant and either a circumvertical or full breast lift.

Dr Remus Repta

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD