How Can I Fix my Uneven Eyebrows/Eyes?

My eyebrows and eyes are asymmetrical and have bothered me for years. As I have aged the difference seems to have become more prominent. I have a jaw problem on the left hand side that has also somewhat changed that side of my face. I am hoping Botox will fix this problem.

Botox is a good choice within reason...but

+1

the amount of asymmetry is an issue...and it may be that the jaw problem and asymmetry could actually represent an acquired or genetic condition in which case the situation becomes much more complicated...so without a picture or some additional information any comment would only be tentative...but of course botox may be a very good option for the situation...

Asymmetry of the face corrected by Botox

+1

There can be some improvement in muscular asymmetries of the face in certain individuals by relaxing over active muscles on one side of the face when the other side is relaxed or paralyzed from stroke or other medical / traumatic conditions. 

Patients have to be evaluated to determine what their specific anatomic imbalances are and then the doctor can plan how many units of Botox to use and where to place the units.

The information provided in Dr. Shelton's answer is for educational purposes only and is not intended to constitute medical advice.  The information provided should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with a qualified health professional who may be familiar with your individual medical needs.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Uneven asymmetric eyebrows

+1

I recommend that you get evaluated for Ultherapy, as it can be applied to one eyebrow to achieve the symmetry you are looking for - it is more economical than getting repeat Botox injections.

Hratch Karamanoukian, MD, FACS
Buffalo General Surgeon

Uneven eyebrows

+1

You should consult a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist to see what would be the best treatment for you.  It is possible that Botox can make your eyebrows more symmetrical but your movement must be assessed first.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Ulthera Correction of Brow Asymmetry After Botox

+1

Ulthera has been a tremendous tool in correcting asymettry following botox treatments in the community.  The procedure will provide correction beyond the duration of the impact of the botox cosmetic. 

Will Richardson, MD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon

Consider Ulthera to treating eyebrow asymmetry

+1

Ulthera can provide a more long lasting brow lift than Botox.  By treating one side more aggressively one can result in more lift on one side of the face than the other.  This has worked well for my patients.  It doesn't cost that much more than Botox for the forehead and is much more long lasting.  I hope this helps!

Curt Samlaska, MD

Brow asymmetry

+1

Brow asymmetry could be due to many things. It could be due underlying facial asymmetry.  It could be due to compensatory mechanism for droopy upper eyelid (ptosis), in which case ptosis surgery might be the answer. See an oculoplastic surgeon for evaluation of the upper face.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Botox and correcting facial asymmetry

+1

It is very difficult to answer your question without seeing you in person, but Botox can help correct facial asymmetries. It's important to have a thorough assessment with a reputable and trusted provider to help you determine what may or may not be going on.

Sam Naficy, MD

How to fix uneven eyebrows/eyes

+1

Well it quite depends on what makes them uneven, and if you're trying to raise one up, or put the other down. The muscle structure and unevenness would be best evaluated in person by a board-certified physician who would be able then to tell you what would be the best solution for your specific needs. Botox can be an option, so can an eyebrow lift, or possibly an eyelid lift depending on what is causing your specific unevenness.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Eyebrow asymmetry can be corrected with a browlift.

+1

Eyebrow asymmetry can be corrected with a browlift as a permanent solution. Botox may help. I need to see photos or you to give a proper answer.