How Can I Fix my Uneven Breasts and Areolas? (photo)

I am looking to increase my breast size with implants. As you an see my left breast is slightly smaller than the right. The areola is also smaller, which bothers me. What is the best procedure to fix this assymetry? Is it possible to have the size of only the right areola reduced to make my breasts more even?

Asymmetric nipples and their correction.

+1

In cases where there is significant asymmetry between the breasts, often times two different procedures are necessary to achieve a common goal. A breast augmentation of the right breast could be matched with a smaller breast augmentation and a lift of the left breast. The lift would also be able to slightly reduce the areolar dimensions. These cases are difficult, but certainly an improvement in symmetry is possible.  

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Breast asymmetry

+1

There are two ways I would suggest that may help you - either avoid implants altogether and have a small breast reduction of the larger breast with the scar confined to the areola (periareolar or circumareolar scar). Alternatively this could be combined with breast implants of the same size (which is always preferable than different sized implants).

You should discuss the options with your plastic surgeon as after examining you they will be able to help you reach the right decision for you. Good luck!

Marc Pacifico, MD, FRCS(Plast)
London Plastic Surgeon

How Can I Fix my Uneven Breasts and Areolas? (photo) ANS:

+1

You do have some unevenness to your breasts and most likely you will have the need for some type of lifting on the left breast (in our picture) and this will help correct the size of your areola as well...and it looks like you may need different size implants as well!!! But it is achievable!!!

John J. Corey, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Breast asymmetry

+1

It appears you may benefit from having a larger implant on your Right breast with a possible periareolar lift and a smaller implant with a periareolar lift on the left breast.

FYI, the larger the implants you choose the sooner you will need another lift.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast asymmetry

+1

It looks like you would be a good candidate for an implant and a circumareola reduction on both sides to better match them.  Doing it only on the left may make your right areola look bigger than the left if the left is the only one treated.

Breast Asymmetry Correction by Augmentation and Mastopexy

+1

The great thing about breast augmentation implants is that there are many sizes and shapes to choose from to help make the size similar, as well as mastopexy techniques to lift the breast(s) as needed to create symmetry of the breast and the areola. I typically do this in a single stage procedure. Going to a well trained board certified plastic surgeon however is indicated for the best results. Good luck.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Breast augmentation for breast asymmetry.

+1

I would recommend a breast augmentation with two different size implants.  In addition, you would benefit from a breast lift on the larger side.  This would raise the larger breast which is a little lower as well as making the areolae more equal in size.  I think you could get a very nice result.  However, keep in mind that perfect symmetry is not a realistic goal.  Best of Luck.  

Laurence Weider, MD

Breast lift with implants

+1

Your picture may be flipped as on the computer screen your anatomic right breast is the smaller breast. You have a fairly common situation and most doctors will do an augmentation on the smaller side and an augmentation with lift on the bigger size. Just an augmentation will enlarge the areola on the small side. The lift on the bigger side will also help make the areola sizes more even. Good luck and please see a board certified plastic surgeon.

Gregory Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

+1

Thanks for posting the photo. I agree with Dr Rand. Implant only on right, smaller implant and L-shaped mastopexy with areolar reduction on the left. 

Correcting breast asymmetries

+1

You look like you would benefit from an implant on your smaller side and from an implant and a lift with areolar reduction on the other side. 

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS