Fix my Tip? (photo)

A year after rhinoplasty, I can't figure out why I hate my tip and what needs to be fixed. I hope these pictures are clearer than the last ones I posted:) thank you

Tip Contour 1 Year after Rhinoplasty.

+1

You have asymmetry with prominent, visible sharp edges (bossing) of the underlying tip cartilages. There is fullness of the anterior columella just below the defining point of your tip (the infra-tip lobule). You also have a small hump in the bridge. If possible, I encourage you to consider a revision.

Improving tip aesthetics in revision rhinoplasty

+1

Although the photos distort your nose a bit because of the angles they were taken at, it appears you have an over-rotated infratip lobule and hanging columella.  (The columella is the part between your nostrils along the base of your nose, and the infratip is the area between the columella and the tip).  These issues could be improved by a technique called a "tongue-in-groove" (+/- medial crural overlay) where sutures are used to lift the columella and improve the shape of the infratip. 

Donald B. Yoo, MD

You may benefit from a consultation from another reputable rhinoplasty specialist to discuss your concerns about your tip.

+1

I read your question and reviewed your photos.

You appear to have a hanging columella and asymmetrical tip cartilages 1 year after your rhinoplasty surgery. You also have a deep supra-tip depression.

If the exaggerated curvature of your columella and lobule are bothering you, you may require revision rhinoplasty surgery. If you're looking to improve symmetry in your tip, you may be a candidate for a well-performed injectable filler procedure. My experience is strictly with Silikon-1000, an off-label filler for permanent results.

Good luck, and God bless.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Unhappy with tip?

+1

Thanks for sending your photos. I'm not sure from your question what you don't like about your tip. When I look at your 3/4 profile photo I can see the contours of the tip cartiallages quite easily, If these appear to harsh then they could be camouflaged by a cartillage graft. Discuss this with your surgeon who will have the details of your previous surgery.

Thomas Buonassisi, MD
Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon