How Much Would It Be to Fix my Stomach? and the Safest Procedure Avaliable? (photo)

I attached a picture of how my stomach looks after gaining 30 lbs during pregnancy. What would be the best procedure?

How much would it be to fix my stomach? and the Safest Procedure Available?

+1

Thank you for the question and the picture.  After reviewing your picture it does appear that you would benefit from a Full Tummy Tuck.  After pregnancy your abdominal muscles weaken or separate. You may also have loose and sagging skin in the abdominal region.  A Full Tummy Tuck will remove unwanted loose, sagging skin and tissue.  It can also correct the weaken or separated abdominal muscles.  The average cost of a Full Tummy Tuck is about $6500.00 total.  I do recommend to my patients that if they are considering future pregnancies, they postpone having a Tummy Tuck.  As far as safety, by discussing all your concerns with your plastic surgeon during your consultation and following all the instructions given by your plastic surgeon, you are taking an important step in helping to assure your safety and healthy recovery.  I wish you the Best of Luck!

Saint Paul Plastic Surgeon

Best procedure for abdomen

+1

Thanks for your question and picture.  It appears that a tummy tuck combined with liposuction would give you the best result.  This procedure is the most common one to give the best results after changes with pregnancy.  An in person examination would give the best determination of which procedure (liposuction alone versus tummy tuck with liposuction) would give you the best result.  Prices range around the country.  In the Dallas and Collin County areas, you can expect the full cost to be anywhere from $8000-$13,000 including surgeon, anesthesia, and facility fees.

Web reference: http://www.settyplastics.com/body-contouring-mckinney/tummy-tuck/

Loose abdomen

+1

You need a standard full tummy tuck. Lipo or a mini tummy tuck won't do much. Yes a tummy tuck has a long scar, but the result is worth it. Expect the total cost to be $8000 to $10,000.

Web reference: http://edelsonplastic.com/body/tummy-tuck/

How Much Would It Be to Fix my Stomach? and the Safest Procedure Avaliable?

+1

In order- diet and exercise; some form of lipo (I prefer SmartLipo Triplex). ?? mini TT as a final option. 

Fix my Stomach?

+1

For this amount of pregnancy change to the abdomen the best results will be achieved with a full tummytuck. If you plan on more children in the future you may want to wait until your family is complete. As to cost, you will need to call offices in your area for an estimate as the prices vary somewhat in different areas of the country. In our area of the country (Oregon) it is in the $8,000-9,000 range all inclusive.

Abdominoplasty after pregnancy

+1

You're an ideal candidate for a full abdominoplasty. Although there are lesser procedures like mini tummy tuck and liposuction, neither would be appropriate for you because of the widespread stretch marks and collapse around your belly button. Full abdominoplasty will tighten your muscles which will dramatically flatten your stomach and will also remove and minimize the most stretch marks possible. Your belly button will be dramatically reshaped. Prices vary with the surgeons experience and the facility and anesthesia used. Optimizing your safety by choosing an experienced, Board Certified plastic surgeon and a Board Certified MD anesthesiologist operating in an accredited operating facility here in the Dallas area, the fees will likely be in the range of 7500.00-8500.00. Liposuction is additional but I think you could have a nice result without liposuction, especially if you have not lost all of your pregnancy weight. An exam would be necessary to be certain.

The American Society of Plastic Surgeons recently published the national average surgeons fees for most cosmetic surgical procedures which showed an average of 5241.00 for full tummy tuck. (Operating room and anesthesia  are not included in that survey.)

Abdominal contouring

+1

Thanks for your inquiry.  Looking at your picture, I would reccomend a full tummy tuck with liposuction to the love handles for the same reasons my colleagues listed.  In terms of cost, the pricing in Tarrant and Dallas Counties can be quite varied.  If you choose a board certified plastic surgeon in our community you should be able to find a good surgeon where the costs are in the $8500-$11,000 range including surgeon's fee, anesthesia, and facility fees.  Good luck, Dr Rumalla

Web reference: http://www.tarrantplasticsurgery.com

How Much Would It Be to Fix my Stomach? and the Safest Procedure Available?

+1

I think that a tummy tuck coupled with liposuction of the sides and the back will give you a very nice result.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tucks and liposuction procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/tummy-tuck-photo-galleries.php

+1

Thanks for your question and for the attached photo. A higher quality response will come from an in person consultation, but based on the photo alone it appears that the best procedure will be a full abdominoplasty (tummy tuck), which involves tightening the abdominal wall muscles, and removing excess skin.

Timing? Any time provided you have completed your family. If you are planning more pregnancies and do this now, you might need another. 

How much?  This depends on where you live. Realself has listings of actual fees paid by patients in most areas.

All the best. 

Safest Procedure Available to Fix my Stomach?

+1

Thank you for the question and picture. Although precise advice would require in person consultation and a full communication of your goals, based on your photograph and history, it is likely that you will be a good candidate for tummy tuck surgery.  This procedure serves to remove a significant amount of skin/ adipose tissue of the lower  abdominal wall and re-approximate the abdominal wall muscles that have spread with pregnancy and/or weight gain/loss.

The “ideal” patient for tummy tuck surgery is one who has completed pregnancies, is psycho socially/emotionally/financially stable,  has an excellent social support system surrounding him/her, does not smoke, is capable of arranging enough recovery time and who has reached a long-term stable weight.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_tummyTuck.htm