What Can I Do to Fix my Bulbous Nose? (photo)

I have a bulbous nose and would like to know what can I do to fix it. I would like to fix my nose the most natural way possible.

What Can I Do to Fix my Bulbous Nose?

+1

Dear Sunshine,

Thank you for your photos/questions.  Trimming the tip cartilages and sculpting them with sutures will fix your bulbous tip. 

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

What Can I Do to Fix my Bulbous Nose?

+1

The bulbous nature of the nose can be reduced with cartilage resection and modification techniques through a closed rhinoplasty approach.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Rhinoplasty for bulbous tip

+1

Rhinoplasty for the bulbous tip involves  cartilage suturing techniques to narrow the inter-domal width  and  conservative cartilage removal as well. A hanging columella is trimmed back by shaving down the caudal septum and trimming the membranous caudal septum as we. This can all be done by closed rhinoplasty techniques as an outpatient surgical procedure. Please see the link below for examples of how we have addressed the  bulbous tip in our rhinoplasty practice

Bulbous Nose

+1

Hi Sunshine,

A rhinoplasty (nose reshaping surgery) is reasonable to address a bulbous tip.  This will most likely require an "open rhinoplasty", where the soft tissues are gently elevated to allow direct access to the tip cartilages that are responsible for the bulbosity.

Rhinoplasty or nose reshaping is arguably the most complex procedure in all of facial cosmetic surgery.  Select a surgeon who can display multiple before and after photos of his or her actual rhinoplasty patients.

Hope this is helpful.

Regards,

Andy Shah, MD

Anand G. Shah, MD
San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for a Bulbous Nose

+1

As you may know already, rhinoplasty is still one of the most challenging forms of plastic surgery.  The nose is as delicate a structure as it is central to the look of your entire face, therefore you need to invest lots of time and effort in your pre-surgery education process. 

A plastic surgeon who particularly enjoys rhinoplasty and who performs the procedure (and revision rhinoplasty) quite often should be able to deliver pleasing results for you.  Do plenty of research online and locate at least two rhinoplasty specialists to visit for consultations.  Be very specific about which parts of the nose you would like to address and listen to the input you receive.  Your prospective doctors will develop a surgical plan that can include reshaping the tip of your nose to look more narrow and refined without an obviously "operated on" look.  Be sure to view plenty of before and after photos to get a feeling for each surgeon's abilities and to verify for yourself that results look natural.  You should have every chance of success.

Elliot Jacobs, M.D.

Elliot W. Jacobs, MD