What Can I Do to Fix my Nose? Does it look like I could have a deviated septum? (photo)

I've read all about rhinoplasty's but was hoping to start getting professional opinions on what is the underlying cause for my nose to be like this..... does it look like I could have a deviated septum because I have no breathing troubles and cant remember ever being hit in the nose with something that traumatic. Also one side of my nostrils is bigger than the other and i cant stand when i smile one side is lower than the other.. and also its just way bulgier and both profiles aren't symmetrical

What can I do to fix my nose?

+1

The diagnosis for a deviated septum has to be made by physical examination of the internal portion of the nose.  Any external and visible changes to the outside portion of the nose is considered rhinoplasty and must be paid for by the patient himself/herself.  Sometimes a deviated septum is developmental and not traumatic, but only on examination by a qualified specialist.

What Can I Do to Fix my Nose?

+1

The photos provided only show the nasal tip which appears a bit wide.  The tip can be thinned with Rhinoplasty but the nasal bridge may be an issue as well as the chin.  These would require profile shots for analysis.  Hope this helps.

What can I do to fix my nose?

+1

the limited photos you post show some mild nostril asymmetry which is normal. it likely will be present after surgery as well. Online forums like this are helpful but the best advice you can get will be during a consultation with an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon. Most surgeons offer complimentary initlal consults so visit a few and then try to get your thoughts together. good luck.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fixing My Nose

+1

You're smart getting as much information about rhinoplasty surgery before making any decisions. Your nose can be improved with surgery but I need to see more pictures before recommending a surgical plan. 

Normal Nostril Flaring

+1

Thank you for your question and photos. The flaring you see of your nostrils are a result of the muscles pulling the side of your nostils. This is normal when you smile.  The asymmetry of your nostrils are within the normal range based on what I see in the photos. I would recommend you consult with a Plastic Surgeon to discuss what is possible in terms of improving the appearance of your nose.  It is difficult to comment further based on the limited views of the photos you provided. Best wishes.

Robert F. Centeno, MD, FACS
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Nostril Asymmetry and Rhinoplasty

+1

Nostril asymmetry is the norm for the human race.  Your asymmetry is not pronounced, but very specific goals for a rhinoplasty could be discussed during a consultation.

Rhinoplasty and nostril

+1

Nostril asymmetry is normal. Yours do not look too different.  Flaring or bulging of nostrils can be treated.  Best to see a rhinoplasty specialist.

What Can I Do to Fix my Nose?

+1

Images submitted show only the lower half of nose and its hard to comment.However what ever is seen can be corrected by a tip plasty and alar plasty.Wish you good luck.

Ashok Govila, FRCS, MCh, MS
Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty can make a big difference.

+1

Hi.

It looks like you are a good candidate, but cannot give you detailed surgical plan from pictures.  See a couple of reputable plastic surgeons.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)