Can I Fix my Nose?

I have three problems with my nose. I want to know how probable their solutions are with plastic surgery. My nose is straight, but my profile shows a big bump on the bridge, I think that my nostrils are too far apart, and the tip is round like a ball but too big. Could I get plastic surgery to flatten the bump on the bridge, bring my nostrils closer together (in other words slim down my nose to make it not as wide), and reduce the size of the tip of my nose so that its still a ball, but just smaller?

Candidate for rhinoplasty

+2

In short answer, yes. A well planned and executed rhinoplasty should be able to address all the concerns that you list. There are several different ways to go about improving your nose. You should have several consultations with qualified plastic surgeons. Take the time to discuss your concerns and make sure the recommendation is what your are looking for.

Best Wishes,

Stewart Wang, MD FACS, Wang Plastic Surgery

How to fix your nose

+2

Yes, rhinoplasty should be able to fix all your concerns. It's impossible to give specific recommendations without a photo. Make an appointment with a local rhinoplasty surgeon to discuss your concerns. Good luck.

Ronald Schuster, MD

These can be addressed with a rhinoplasty

+1

All of these problems are common issues and can be addressed with a rhinoplasty. The bump is the easiest to deal with, but narrowing the nose and reducing the size of the tip without changing the overall shape are also standard goals of a rhinoplasty. It is important that the surgeon be able to customize his or her approach to fit the patient. For most patients, it is desirable to retain the aesthetically pleasing parts of the nose and only change the undesirable parts, thereby helping to retain a natural appearance.

Thomas A. Mustoe, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty can address bump, wide nostrils, & bulbous tip

+1

Reducing the hump on the nasal bridge is a very common procedure performed during a rhinoplasty surgery.  After the hump is removed, osteotomies are performed narrowing the nasal bones to prevent a flat top open roof deformity. An alarplasty procedure to narrow the nostril is performed by removing 3 to 4 mm of skin from the base of the nose. 2 to 3 sutures are placed in that area to close the incision and narrow the nostrils. A bulbous tip is reduced by using different techniques that include suturing the tip cartilages together along with removal of tip cartilage when necessary.  This can all be done through closed rhinoplasty techniques as an outpatient procedure under general anesthesia.

Fixing Nose With Rhinoplasty

+1

Thank you for your question. What you are describing would seem to benefit from undergoing a rhinoplasty, as this type of procedure can help you correct everything that you are speaking about. A rhinoplasty can help flatten the bump on your bridge, reduce the size of the tip, and also bring your nostrils closer together. Scheduling a consultation with an experienced facial plastic surgeon would seem to be your next step.

Babak Azizzadeh, MD

Rhinoplasty can help

+1

Yes, your anatomic needs are addressed in Cosmetic Rhinoplasty w/ Weir excisions of the nasal base or nostril sill excisions. A photo would be helpful. Schedule a Consultation w/ Computer Imaging to demonstrate your expected results. Best, Dr. Edward Gross.

Edward J. Gross, MD
Orlando Facial Plastic Surgeon

These are all common problems can be fixed

+1

Your complaints are not unusual. Depending on your ethnicity i.e. Caucasian, Hispanic, Asian, Afro-American, your nose has certain basic components. Different noses require different techniques so I would recommend that you speak with a board-certified plastic surgeon or ENT surgeon who has experience. Ask to see before and after photos, particularly of people who have your type of nose. Many physicians, including myself, have imaging systems which can give you an idea of what your nose will look like after the planned surgery. Be aware that your nose may not end up looking exactly like the simulation.

Joseph M. Perlman, MD

Can I Fix My Nose?

+1

My answer to your question is yes, yes, and yes. Consult wit an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who does noses that you like and are natural. He/she will explain your alternatives and establish reasonable expectations.

The most common rhinoplasty manuvers are reducing a hump and slimming the tip

+1

Hump removal is the #1 requested procedure in rhinoplasty. Tip reduction is second. Nostril alteration is also often performed. That is called alarplasty. I find that computer imaging is a great tool to discuss potential changes to your nose. That way you can make sure you and your surgeon are on the same page.

Steven J. Pearlman, MD

Can I Fix my Nose

+1

Aesthetically speaking, it's always bnest to provide a photo of the front and side of your nose for evaluation.