How to Fix my Nose Tip? (photo)

i had a rhinoplasty 4 months ago to remove a hump on my nose and make my nose straighter. the surgeon did not touch the tip of my nose. my profile now looks better but my nose tip is still crooked and weird looking, I've seen another plastic surgeon and he told me that grafts would be necessary. when i touch my nose tip,i can feel that its asymmetrical, theres much more cartilage on the right side of my nose tip . do i have to wait 1yr to fix it since he hasn't done anything to the tip.

Options for revising nose tip

+1

Yes, waiting one year would be very important, if you are planning further surgery. I would recommend an open tiplasty to fine tune the tip to match the rest of the nasal form.

Good luck!

Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Nose tip options

+1

Knowing the approach would be give you the answer.  If you had a closed rhinoplasty with no external excisions, you may consider doing an open rhinoplasty in a few months.  I would review these options with your surgeons who can examine you to see how far along your healing has come.  I'm not sure you need grafting to your nose but they do support the cartilage at the tip. 

Best wishes!!

Stefan Mark Szczerba, MD

Cartilage Changes Without Grafting For Better Nose Tip Definition

+1

Since your nasal tip has never been worked on, it appears that it would do well with tip cartilage reduction, realignment and narrowing with sutures. It is not obvious that you would need cartilage grafts to get much better definition and refinement of your nasal tip.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

It's best to wait at least 6 months for rhinoplasty revision.

+1

Hi.

Hard to be sure just from pictures, but your tip does not look difficult and I doubt that you need cartilage grafts (which can have their own problems).

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Fix Nose Tip

+1

Your nasal tip can be corrected now, but preferably by the end of the sixth postoperative month to secure total resolution of the swelling that occurred while having your bones re-shaped. Judging from the character of your skin, it is unlikely to be needing a cartilage graft to obtain good definition .  

Kris Conrad, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision rhinoplasty for the crooked tip,etc.

+1

You should wait 6-9 months for the final results of the first rhinoplasty to be totally evident.  See an experienced revision rhinoplasty surgeon.