Can I Fix my Nose with a Second Rhinoplasty? (photo)

I had a rhinoplasty 8 months ago and I should not have even done it i wanted a little bump removed from profile. I had open rhino and osteomies ? But my nose looks really wide now and low low dorsum. I had nothing done to my tip but it seems really hard and kind of up turned a little. I want to get this fixed i feel so hideous but i dont want to make it worse. Is there any way to almost get back to what i looked like before (without the bump of course) or should i steer away from and revisions??

Revision rhinoplasty

+1

The answer to your question is likely yes

of course more photos and and exam would be helpful

you would likely need a secondary with spreader grafts ( don't worry these do not have to widen your nose if done well/ and when done with precise re-Osteotomies they can be used to narrow the nose to a precise width)

You may require some only grafting too.

if some of your septum was used with the first procedure you will likely need rib graft

Yo might relate to cases 

4,7,11

see link below

Revisions

+1

This is a situation where it is very helpful for you to have computer imaging done by the surgeon who is experienced with Rhinoplasty. The surgeon knows what he can accomplish can give you an accurate image and you can decide if it is what you want. It is an excellent communication tool for the patient and surgeon in such cases.

Richard Sadove, MD
Gainesville Plastic Surgeon

Non-surgical rhinoplasty is excellent for dorsal augmentation for revision cases

+1

I really think that you should consider non-surgical options for your nose.  Non-surgical rhinoplasty, using fillers to contour the nose, is particularly helpful in revision cases.  Your dorsum could be augmented without having to elevate all of nasal skin again.

Having had one surgery and being unhappy with it, non-surgical options may improve your appearance while avoiding the recovery and risks of over reduction involved with surgery.

You may find that you ultimately want to have a second surgery, but trying a non-surgical treatment is definitely something to consider first.

Good luck in your search for information!

David Mabrie, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Can I Fix my Nose with a Second Rhinoplasty?

+1

It appears that you may have had an over-removal of the nasal bones which would require a dorsal nasal implant and a Revision Rhinoplasty.  Be sure your Rhinoplasty Surgeon understands and follows the proper aesthetics of facial (and nasal) beauty for the creation of a naturally, more attractive nose.

Improving nasal contour with revision rhinoplasty

+1

I agree with my colleagues that your photos appear to show an overly lowered nasal dorsum.  The tip changes are harder to assess from the views provided.  This problem should be amenable to correction with a revision procedure to restore height to the nasal dorsum.  The first step is to consult with a surgeon experienced in revision rhinoplasty and review your photographs with videoimaging to extablish the desired improvements. 

Mark Beaty, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Adding to the bridge in revision rhinoplasty

+1

Thanks for the photos and question. Your issues can absolutely be corrected by surgeons who specialize in revision rhinoplasty. Cartilage can be added back to the bridge to build it back up again. This cartilage is ideally taken from the septum of your nose but if there is insufficient cartilage there, cartilage from the ear can be used. The tip of the nose can also be brought down, or counter-rotated, by pushing it from behind with extended spreader grafts or shortening the cartilages between the nostrils.

I would highly encourage you to have consultations with multiple surgeons and ask them to demonstrate to you with computer imaging what they could achieve with revision rhinoplasty. That way, you can feel reassured that they understand your aesthetic goals before you go through surgery again.

Wish you all the best!

Dr. Mehta

Umang Mehta, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Changing Nose with Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

I'm sorry your disappointed with the results of your first rhinoplasty. Your pictures do not clearly show the nose you describe, but I suggest that you consult with a surgeon experienced in revision rhinoplasty.  There are multiple techniques to augment our dorsum to improve your nasal projection. If you want to submit additional pictures to this panel go to my website for instructions on what views to take.

Fixing wide low dorsum

+1

From the frontal facial photos you've submitted it does look like too much bridge was removed. Additional views would allow for a better assessment of things, but this type of problem can be treated with revision surgery.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Can i fix my nose with a revision?

+1

Yes you could. I would suggest that you have a consult with computer imaging to determine how much you want your nose built back up. You could also consider having some radiesse or other filler injected to simulate the result. If you like it then you can go ahead with the surgery after it fades. If you don't then you have not burned any bridges and did not have a second surgery. Good luck!

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Secondary Rhinoplasty

+1

That is a great question. It appears from your photos and description that too much cartilage and bone was shaved, thus the flat and wide appearance. Cartilage from the tip may have been removed, but from the photos you provided, it is hard to tell.

In experienced hands, I believe you can achieve a very good result. Technically speaking you would need spreader grafts and dorsal augmentation to re-establish the height of the nose, and decrease its flat appearance. More details photos would be needed for discussing the tip.t

The key is to find a a surgeon that specializes in rhinoplasty and has experience. I would bypass your initial surgeon even if he offers a free re-do.

Michel Siegel, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon