Is It Possible to Fix my Nose to Make It Look Less Humped? (photo)

i feel that my nose is just one big hump i would like to straighten an neaten it out, with out making my nose look fake and like a Michael Jackson! i have a lot of cartilage. i would like to have reduce the tip,dorsum,root,sharpen the alar groove and bring in the lateral side wall!! is it possible or will i not need that much done? what would you do?

Nose can be fixed to look less humped

+1

The rhinoplasty procedure is an elective cosmetic procedure performed to reduce the dorsal hump.  The dorsal hump is composed of both bone and cartilage.  During rhinoplasty the hump is shaved down and the depressor septi ligament tip is released so that the tip does not droop when smiling.  The tip cartilages can be addressed surgically either through suturing techniques and/or cartilage removal to refine the tip.  Osteotomies are performed to narrow the nasal bridge to prevent an open roof deformity.  This is all done as an outpatient procedure under general anesthesia and takes approximately 1 to 1-1/2 hours to perform.

Is It Possible to Fix my Nose to Make It Look Less Humped

+1

Closed Rhinoplasty IMHO would be able to reduce the nasal hump and then the overall shape of the nose.  The most important thing for a Rhinoplasty Surgeon, IMHO, is to understand and follow the proper aesthetics of facial (and nasal) beauty for the creation of a naturally, more attractive nose and face.

Less humped

+1

Based on your photos it appears that you would be a good candidate for a rhinoplasty and chin augmentation surgery and the results can be quite natural and masculine

Sam Naficy, MD

Rhinoplasty for the bulbous tip with downturned nose.

+1

Rhinoplasty for the bulbous tip with downturned nose and hump removal can be done without a "nose job" look if you select a surgeon with experience and who does natural noses!

Dorsal nasal hump correction

+1

Tom,

The appearance of your nose can indeed be improved with standard rhinoplasty techniques.  Consultation with 2 or 3 qualified surgeons will provide you with options and further information as to how to achieve your goals.  Good luck!

Kenneth R. Francis, MD

Rhinoplasty can get the look you want

+1

It is possible to reduce the hump and improve your nose. The jargon can be confusing, as can be taking a little off the top. Computer imaging can help you and your surgeon settle on a common goal, and the picture will be worth more than words.

Best of luck, Peter Johnson, MD

Hump on Nose

+1

Yes, a traditional rhinoplasty can address the "hump" on your nose and help refine your nasal contours.  I would suggest going to a few consultations and finding a plastic surgeon that you feel comfortable with.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

Rhinoplasty can address the bump on the bridge, width of your nose as well as the shape of your nasal tip.

+1

Rhinoplasty can address the bump on the bridge, width of your nose as well as the shape of your nasal tip. As always you would require an in-person consultation with a board-certified Facial Plastic Surgeon or Plastic Surgeon. The keys are board certification in one of those fields and a busy rhinoplasty practice with plenty of before and after photos. From the two photos you submitted your chosen surgeon might build up your radix (the low point at the level of the eyelid crease) as well as reduce the bump on your bridge. The bump is high but the radix looks low. Addressing both areas will help to provide a pleasing contour to the bridge of your nose.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

That's personal

+1

Tommy,

Rhinoplasty is a personal decision regarding your particular preferences.  An experienced rhinoplasty surgeon can counsel you as to what is considered "aesthetically appropriate" as well as as what changes will fit well with other features of your face.  That said, I think that all of those changes are possible.  Good luck.

Colin Pero, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon