What Will It Take to Fix my Nose? Approx Cost and Difficulty As Well As Prognosis and Previous Instance? (photo)

My nose has been broken before, however it has always been a little off center...I am not sure how much of the defect is due to natural causes and how much is the result of injury, but I would love to know how difficult this procedure would be, and what the prognosis is for success and the maintenance of results.....can it be corrected on the first round typically? is there a high risk of messing it up more (god I hope not). cost? Thanks in advance for all replies!!! -Tiffany

Broken nose

+2

Significant asymmetries exist in this nose which will need to be corrected with a rhinoplasty to include osteotomies, a double spreader graft on the patient's left side and rasping the bridge for any irregularities there.  Expect a significant improvement, but not perfection.  For noses similar to yours, please see our website

Correcting nasal deformity

+2

Obviously an exam would be necessary to give a full consultation.  I would say, based on your pictures, that a full rhinoplasty, including septal work, would be necessary.  Your anticipated result would be very good.  I charge $7-8000 for a full rhinoplasty, plus anesthesia and operating room.

Talmage Raine MD FACS

drraine.com

Talmage J. Raine, MD

Post traumatic rhinoplasty, crooked nose, septoplasty

+1

The dramatic deviation of your nose is apparent photographic however the encouraging news is that your nasal tip has remained relatively symmetric and the asymmetries that existing in your tip are most likely the result of a septal deviation.  To correct your deviation it would be necessary perform a septoplasty to to straighten the cartilaginous support, the foundation of your nose.  Camouflage with grfting if done without a septoplasty  will only make the nose look more broad but will not correct the underlying abnormality.  In order to release the septum and allow the nasal dorsum to straighten it will  more than likely be necessary to perform osteotomies, breaking the nasal bones.  If the surgery is done correctly you should expect improved cosmetic and functional qualities to your nose.

Edward Farrior, MD
Tampa Facial Plastic Surgeon

Risk of Fixing Crooked Nose

+1

For the past 35 years I have used the open rhinoplasty technique to fix a crooked nose like yours because this is a technically demanding operation. I would expect tremendous improvement but perfect symmetry is difficult to achieve.

What Will It Take to Fix my Nose? Approx Cost and Difficulty As Well As Prognosis and Previous Instance?

+1

Yes you can have either open or closed septalo/rhinoplasty to correct the visible appearance issues of your nose. Best to seek in person evaluations. Fee ranges from $5,000 to $10,000 depends on area of country. Best to you. 

Rhinoplasty for crooked nose and costs

+1

First and foremost, it is important to diagnose whether you have any breathing difficulty with your nose so that this can be corrected at the time of your cosmetic rhinoplasty.  A crooked nose resulted from trauma can be corrected by essentially rebreaking the nasal bones surgically and set it back in the proper location.  Your prognosis is excellent and significant improvement can be expected.  Structural rhinoplasty will also allow any modification of the tip of your nose if you desire. 

C. Carson Huynh, MD, DMD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Correcting a Crooked Nose

+1

Your nose can be greatly improved with rhinoplasty.  The bones can be rebroken and cartilage reshaped.  There is usually some residual curvature of deformity, but your nose will be vastly improved.

Rhinoplasty and deviation

+1

While everyone has some nasal deviation, yours is definitely more than most. Straightening of the nose is possible but some curvature may remain.  I think you shoudl get significant improvement, but there are no guarantees. Good luck.