Fix my Nipples? (photo)

I like my breasts and don't want them any bigger since they are proportional to my body. I do know that one is bigger than the other but it doesn't bother me so much so that I would get surgery. However I do have so called pyramid breasts and I HATE it. I want them to be round, not pointy. Is there any way to fix this with out getting implants or major surgery? On the last picture I pushed the nipple in to show how I would like the breast to look like.

Puffy Nipple Correction

+1

Puffy nipples can be corrected through a periareolar incision, but the herniated tissue has to be imbricated or plicated to prevent this tissue from pointing out again.

Fix my Nipples? (photo) ANS:

+1

I agree with the other doctors in that this can be helped with an incision all the way around the areola and done in the office under local anesthesia...But....there will be a scar and in some cases, kind of a bad one...So there is a trade off!!!

John J. Corey, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Puffy Nipple Fix.

+1

Hello Anna,

Thank you for your questions and photos.

I understand your frustration.  You have three options below:

1. Donut mastopexy, removing extra areola skin.  Negatives: scar around areola and may relapse. Positive: retain nipple sensation.

2. Removing extra breast tissue underneath the nipple.  Negatives: nipple numbness.  Postive.  Smaller scar at base of areola.

3. Breast augmentation with nipple work from underneath the breast (release constriction).  Negative: probable nipple numbness, and bigger breasts (you did not want larger size). Positives: no scar around areola, just in breast crease.

Hope this helps,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Puffy nipples and their treatment

+1

Many would not consider your nipples a problem. However, they are easy to 'fix.' You do not have a tuberous breast deformity (tuberous nipples, possibly!): your breasts are just fine, although, as you say, one is a little larger than the other. You have, rather, 'puffy nipples.' The distinction is important because the operations for correction are quite different. Your surgery could be done under local anesthesia in the office in less than an hour. You would end up with a scar around the perimeter of the areola and your breasts would end up round rather than pointy. Don't let anyone talk you into a breast augmentation - if you are happy with the size, leave them alone - remember you're the boss!

J. Brian Boyd, MD

Tuberous breast deformity

+1

Based upon the oblique photo view that you posted, the right breast appears a bit tuberous in the areola.  This can only be reduced with surgery.  I can't see the left side as well.

Nipple reshaping

+1

For a person who does not like pointed nipples, it is possible to change its shape by removal of scant amounts of tissue from underneath the nipple-areola complex. This requires placement of very small incisions under the nipples, which may cause some numbness of the nipples.

Fereydoon S. Mahjouri, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

How to fix the nipple?

+1

Thank you for the question and the photos. What you have is a tuberous breast. Tuberous breast is a spectrum of various shapes that range from mild to severe. In your case, to fix the nipple you will need periareolar lift, even if you don't want to change the implants or the pocket. My advice for you is to get a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to address you goals and your options. I wish you all the best.

Moneer Jaibaji, MD

Don't Do Anything

+1

If you like the shape of your breasts don't do anything.  Any surgery to flatten the areolas will likely result in a scar around your areola that you will probably find unacceptable given your age and overall appearance.  A small augmentation with different size implants would probably improve (but not eliminate) the problem with minimal scarring but other options don't really make sense. 

Eric Sadeh, MD

Correct “Pointy” (Tuberous) Breasts?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

I would agree with other respondents who feel that you have a mild variant of constricted (tuberous) breasts. You may find the attached link, discussing the features of constricted breasts, helpful to you.

In order to “round out” the breasts an incision around the areola would be necessary. Of course, this procedure is associated with resulting scars and the potential for abnormal scarring, areola asymmetry, and spreading of the areola as well.

If I were seeing you in consultation, I think I would do my best to talk you out of surgery at this point.