How can I fix my indented nose? (Photo)

I recently was elbowed on the nose while playing basketball, went to an urgent care they said it wasn't broken or fractured. Is this an easy fix? It happened 2 weeks ago..

How can I fix my indented nose?

+1
I would recommend having a board certified rhinoplasty specialist look at your nose in person. He or she will be able to advise you accordingly. In general, if the nose is fractured, there is a 2 week window following the trauma where a closed nasal reduction can be performed. After that, you need to wait 6 weeks or more where a more complex procedure may be necessary depending on the extent of the trauma. I hope this information helps, and I wish you the best of luck.  

How can I fix my indented nose?

+1
It is possible you sustained a nasal fracture during the trauma. At this point it may be too late to reduce the fracture. You may have to wait 6 weeks for a more definitive procedure. Please consult with an experienced nasal surgeon who can examine your nose on the outside and also intranasally.

Suzanne Kim Doud Galli, MD, PhD, FACS
Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal trauma causing an indentation

+1
Nasal trauma that causes an indentation that is present even after 2 weeks will need to be repaired. It's important to be examined by an ENT/ facial plastic surgeon,  and obtain x-rays for medical documentation.  The Surgical procedure may involve osteotomies and even a  spreader graft underneath the depressed upper lateral  Cartilage. This is a straightforward repair for  a busy rhinoplasty surgeon. Nasal surgery is not easy,  so to seek out a very experienced surgeon. 

Broken nose

+1
Dear Brockh,

• If it has been over 2 weeks, you would need just slightly more work than if it was more fresh
  • This is usually a case covered by insurance
  • If you had a nosebleed at the time, you most likely suffered a fracture
  • When you are ready, please see a rhinoplasty specialist who can address your concerns

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Rhinoplasty after broken nose

+1
you may need osteotomies to shift to her nasal bones back to the appropriate position and it is possible that you could have lost cartilage from the upper lateral cartilages of the nose which can be replaced with something called a "spreader graft".  This will be cartilage taken from either septum or your ear.

Chase Lay, MD
Double board-certified facial plastic surgeon

Chase Lay, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nose surgery

+1
for proper planning you need to be seen and examined by a plastic surgeon, history of trauma and pervious surgery is important,  permanent fix will need surgery, but filler inception might help until you get the proper surgery. 

Ali Totonchi, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon