How Can I Fix my Crooked Face?

i fell by by chin when i was a kid, i didnt care at that time but now i feel ugly.one side of my face is bigger than the another. and when i take picture from front. my face looks totally like a mango. pressed in on one side and normal at the other and little curved at the bottom.is there any way i can fix this and can i know how much it costs?

How Can I Fix my Crooked Face?

+1

First let me start out by saying that every face has asymmetry and that having a perfectly symmetric face does not make it attractive.  Understanding facial beauty, the subject of my book, comes form the realization that beauty is controlled by several key aesthetic features.  For the face these are in descending order of priority:

1. The Cheeks
  2. The Eye Area
  3. The Lips
  4. The Chin, Jaw and Neck

While, I do see the asymmetry of the face, in your photo, especially horizontally between the upper and lower lips, the cheeks being flat and without angularity is the most important thing to address if you are interested in making your face more angular and ruggedly handsome.  The cheeks can be augmented as  a simple office treatment using a temporary filler (I prefer Perlane) or can be permanently augmented using Cheek Implants.

Chin and Jawline Corrections in Facial Asymmetry

+1

Facial asymmetry is not uncommon after a chin injury when one is young which may traumatize the growing condyle of the jaw. Snce you do not like the bigger side, the approach would be to shift and shorten the chin position as well as reducing the more flared jaw angle. Above the jawline it is hard to visualize the rest of your face due to the blurring of the image.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Crooked face

+1

You may benefit from orthognathic surgery to correct facial asymmetry if you have a malocclusion.  If not, other procedures such as genioplasty, fat transfer to the face may camoflage the asymmetry.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Crooked jaw

+1

Your lower jaw growth asymmetry is quite common and can be ideally managed with orthodontics and 'jaw surgery'. Costs will range significantly depending on where you live in North America.

A second option is 'masking'. This approach builds out the right side of the face with implants along the jawline; and moves the chin to the midline as well. Simpler but if you have a 'bite issue', it does not deal with the teeth at all

Gerald Wittenberg, MSc, DMD
Vancouver Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon