Is It Possible to Fix my Chin? What Procedure Would Be Needed? (photo)

Okay, so I feel like my chin is entirely too pointy and small for my face, and I hate it. I have a double chin too. I want to know what I could do to fix it. The picture included is not me, but her chin nearly identical to mine.

Correction of pointed chin

+1

I think the best correction would be auto fat transfer.  That will give a natural permanent correction.

Treatment Options for Pointy Chin

+1

A profile (side) view is always extremely helpful for evaluating the chin.  Nonetheless an assuming your chin is just like the person's in the photos, you have several options to round out and soften the appearance of the chin.  As a temporary quick fix, fillers such as Restylane (6-9 months) can be used or a more permanent filler such as Aquamid (5+ years) can give a very natural result.  Fat grafting is also a more permanent option but its success is relatively unpredictable in this area of the face.  The most reliable and permanent option is to surgically place a silicone implant in the pre-jowl areas or a sculpted chin implant.  Glad to help...RAS 

Ryan Stanton, MD

Treatment for a pointy chin

+1

You did not send any side views, so I dont know if you need any bony work done to your jawbone. But, there are several options for the defect you show. Basically they are several treatments that can be used to fill in the depressed areas on either side of the chin to make the jawline smoother and the chin appera less pointed:

1. Fat Transfer

2. Sculptra injections

3. Prejowl implant

4. Filler injections

For the fullness under your neck--liposuction works the best.

Theda C. Kontis, MD
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Softening a 'Pointy' Chin

+1

Shy of altering the bone of the chin directly, camouflaging the chin by filling in the relative depression between the chin prominence and the lower jaw would go a long way to improving the appearance of your lower face. Temporary fillers, fat grafting and custom shaped chin/pre-jowl implants are all options for you. A consultation with a Plastic Surgeon will help to determine which approach suits you best.  Best of Luck    Dr Harrell

Jon F. Harrell, DO