What Can I Do to Fix my Chin/neck Area? (photo)

My face basically recedes directly into my neck without any clear chin definition. I am 19 years old and skinny so it isn't a weight issue. I was thinking a submentoplasty, but I'm not sure that could be done on someone my age. I would rather get a filler over a chin implant, but I know that it would be a very subtle result and almost not worth it. Any advice would be great. The part that bothers me most is the contour of the neck rather than the small chin.

Chin implant for weak chin profile

+1

A  chin implant can be inserted under local anesthesia as an outpatient surgical procedure. The implant is placed directly over the bone and underneath the muscle and periosteum.   The implant feels just like the patient's own natural  mandible bone. Placing a chin implant gives further projection of the chin forward and gives illusion of a longer jawline.

What Can I Do to Fix my Chin/neck Area?

+1

I think that a chin implant would elongate the profile and improve the appearance of the neck.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Chin/ Neck area

+1

Based on your photos, you are a candidate for a chin implant.  Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss your expectations and concerns.  Best of luck to you!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD