Can I Ever Fix my Asymmetrical Face? (photo)

Can I Ever Fix my Asymmetrical Face?

+1

Every face has some asymmetries when the left side is compared to the right. This may include size of the eyes, projection of cheek bones, level of eyebrows, crooked nose or different jaw line. Minor differences are not usually noticed by most, but if there are specific concerns you have there are many options to help achieve better symmetry. I would suggest you make a list of what concerns you the most and seek consultation with a reputable surgeon to discuss these concerns. Often little, if anything, needs to be done unless obvious asymmetries are present.

Fort Wayne Plastic Surgeon

Facial asymmetry is the norm

+1

Actually every face is asymmetric, and one eye larger than the other. For those that don't believe just take a true frontal photo and flip the image. After printing both the correct and flipped image, cut them down the center and match up the two right or left sides. The pricture will be you but the image will be strange and too symmetric. We don't see much in your photo to fix.

Modest facial asymmetry should probably be left alone.

+1

I do not see any gross asymmetries in the face. The right lower lid is a bit more popular the left but this is modest. I would be disinclined to proceed with any surgery.

Diagnosing and Treating Facial Asymmetry

+1

When it comes to facial asymmetry, the first step is for you to identify what bothers you the most and then prioritize the different facial concerns in order of their priority. From that list then the surgical options can be considered. While perfect facial symmetry is not likely considerable improvement is often obtained.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD