Is It Possible to Fix the Asymmetry and Dent After Liposuction?

I had a bit of lipo done on my left butt cheek in order to achieve more symmetry. Problem is she lipoed too high up and this created a "dent".It was terrible so I had revision and she lipoed my inner thighs in order to transfer fat back. it's a little better but it's still asymmetrical and I still have the ugly dent. I want to get this fixed with a diff doc. Is it possible to fix the asymmetry and dent? Possible to do with laser or local anesthesia? About how much would this procedure be? thanks

+1

I think that properly placed fat grafting is the best option but it is common to need it done more than once. A laser will not work but the fat harvesting and injection could be done under local.  You would need to choose a surgeon first as prices will vary greatly among surgeons.

Dent After Liposuction

+1

I'm sorry you've had so many problems following your initial liposuction surgery.  Indentations or contour irregularities are the most common complication following liposuction , but fortunately can usually be fixed fairly easily.  To fix an indentation or contour irregularity following liposuction, I perform additional liposuction of an unoperated area and perform fat transfer to the area of concern.  Unfortunately, this does require another surgery.  Sometimes this surgery can be performed under local anesthesia, but often is performed under general anesthesia.  The price for corrective liposuction with fat grafting will likely range from $5,000 to $10, 000.  Unfortunately, there are no lasers or nonsurgical procedures that can correct your problem.

Jaime Perez, M.D.

Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Liposuction and Fat Transfer Specialist in Tampa Florida

Jaime Perez, MD

Dent post lipo

+1

I think the best avenue will still be with a fat graft.This will prove better long term.This can be done under local.the cost maybe will rum 1000-1500 depending on the doctor.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Fat injections to fill out depressed scar of buttock

+1

Sorry that your experience and outcome from liposuction were quite problematic. The indentation that you are concerned about most probably can be improved by repeated fat injections over time. You should see an improvement though full symmetry is a low probability.

Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon who has experience in fat injections for similar problems. 

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

+1

Yes it can be fixed but it may take multiple small local operations. Therefore the fee range from $5,000 to $10,000. Best of luck from MIAMI. 

Correcting post-liposuction dent and asymmetry

+1

The dent and asymmetry can be corrected by revision liposuction, fat injections, or a combination of the two.  Success cannot be guaranteed.  You should see a board certified plastic surgeon to determine the prospective benefit of a revision.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Dents after liposuction

+1

Dents can be corrected by liposuction and sometimes fat injection of the depressed area.  An exam in person is essential.

Asymmetry and dent after liposuction

+1

Thank you for your question and photo.  Dents following liposuction can be corrected with liposuction and/or fat injection.  This can be a difficult problem that may take several sessions to adequately correct it because there is always some fat reabsorption following fat injection.  I would suggest that you return to your plastic surgeon and discuss the matter with her since it will be probably be significantly less expensive than if you were to go to a new plastic surgeon. Best of luck. 

Donald M. Brown, MD

Dents after liposuction

+1

Jaycee, Sorry to hear that you have some areas of abnormal contouring after liposuction.  Having dents or lumps, otherwise know as contour irregularities, after liposuction can happen.  Depending on the problem and its severity, these contour irregularities can usually be treated with a combination of liposuction and fat grafting.  Whether it has to be done under local or general anesthesia will depend on how severe the problem is.  What is right for you really can't be determined without a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon.  I would suggest that you start by speaking with your plastic surgeon and discussing the reasons for your dissatisfaction.  Most plastic surgeons do have a financial policy about revisions because while we would like to achieve a perfect result every time, sometimes it just doesn't happen.  Good luck!

Anureet K. Bajaj, MD
Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon

Can dents and asymmetry after liposuction be corrected?

+1

Dents, asymmetry, and cobblestone appearance can be a common complication when excess liposuction is performed. This is specially true in the abdomen, buttocks, lateral thighs, arms, and neck. Although difficult to correct, revision liposuction and fat injections are the standard treatment. Depending on the size it could be done under sedation versus general anesthesia.

Frank Agullo, MD
El Paso Plastic Surgeon