How to Fix What Looks Like a Double Bubble? (photo)

I had BA 6 weeks ago. I have 425cc saline HP implants subpectoral (Dual Plane). As each week passes it gets worse. I noticed after the first week that it looked like I had a double bubble on my right breast. Now my left breast there is a crease developing on the inside and under as well. I did not have any pstosis in my left breast and minor in my right prior to surgery. My PS did not think a lift was necessary. I am totally confused and need some guidance.

Fix Double Bubble versus Snoopy Deformity after Breast Augmentation

+3

Thank you for your question. There is the suggestion of a possible double bubble seen on the second photograph. It seems worse on the right side. Since there was some asymmetry preop there may have been an attempt to lower the pocket on the right side to compensate for the nipple areola being lower.

Be sure to see your plastic surgeon and express your concerns.

Misshapen breast after breast implant and capsular contracture

+1

I do not think you need a breast lift. One thing you can say for sure from you photos is the problem is worse at 6 weeks than it was at 2 weeks. This looks like an early aggressive capsular contracture. You might try endermologie ASAP to soften and stretch the scar but I suspect you will need revision surgery. You need to know that you are now always at high risk for recurrent capsular contracture no matter what is done or who does it.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

Capsular contracture?

+1

It is always best to see pre and post-op photos and perform an exam. It looks like the one on the right is not filling the lower pole.  

Correcting the double bubble deformity

+1

I am sorry you are having this problem.  This is a complex problem and may be influenced by several factors.  It would be nice to examine you in person and measure everything from different angles.  However, based on the single photo, it looks like you have a tight, high inframammary fold, right higher then left. As a result, the sub muscular implant is pushed down and tries to squeeze out behind the fold.  From the side, you see breast tissue sitting on top of the fold with the implant bulging out beneath it, hence "double bubble."

If this is the case, the solution is to remove the implant, close off the capsule and sub muscular space, switch to a new implant pocket over the muscle, and release the inframmary fold so that the implant sits with the nipple areolar complex in a more central aesthetic position on the breast mound.

Hope this helps.

Shankar Lakshman, MD
Pasadena Plastic Surgeon

? early capsular contracture

+1

We would benefit from seeing your preop look, but considering the difference between the 2 and 6 week results, you look like you might be developing an early and very aggressive capsular contracture.  Are they feeling harder and harder?  If so, this is a problem you need to address with your surgeon.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Double bubble

+1

The implants are not filling up the skin envelope because they are flattened  by the pectoral muscles, which overlie their upper poles. Also, the skin is a little loose. There are three solutions:

a. Tighten the skin with a breast lift

b. Place the implants in front of the muscle - they will fill out the skin better

c. Exchange the present implants for really large ones to 'take up' the extra skin

(not my choice)

J. Brian Boyd, MD

Double bubble

+1

Since your implants are placed below your pectoral, or chest muscles, the muscle cradle will not allow the implants go south. If you have the genetic propensity for sagging of your breast tissue the breast tissue will go south and fall off of the breast mound thus creating the double bubble effect. The solution is to have a breast lift to put the breast tissue back on top of the hill. Since sagging is caused by your genetic makeup do not be surprised if years down the road you may need to have another breast lift type procedure. If breast implants are placed on top of the pectoral muscles when a breast sags or drops the implant will go with it.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD