Can You Fix Indentions and Scars from Smartlipo on the Face

7 months ago i went to see a Dr about removing some fat due to chubby cheeks. He suggested smartlipo over microlipo as he is one of the best in the area and his nurses and him insisted theres no way smartlipo can cause scarring. Right after surgery my face looked as though it had burns on it but i was told i worried to much about it. Well as time went on it started to scar and an indention formed with scar on left side and another scar on the right side(see pics) .I really hope this can be fixed

SmartLipo

+1

I recommend you see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and be evaluated for the irregularities you have. 

Bay Area Dermatologist

Fixing the scars may not be easy.

+1

A combination of scar revision, fillers and lasers should be able to improve your scars.  It may not be possible to completely get rid of them however.  Consult with a good Dermatological Surgeon or Plastic Surgeon who has lots of experience working with deep burn scars.

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Can indentations and scarring after Smart Lipo of the face be improved?

+1

Smart Lipo of the face can be very effective, but definitely needs to be done at low power with temperature monitoring.  Small burns with residual scarring and indentations can occur.  The scars may mature with time but you may need steroid injections or possibly scar revision.  The indentations likely can be corrected with autofat transfer.

Kenneth L. Stein, MD

Smart lipo of face

+1

Liposuction of face has a risk of causing indentations and irregularities. I do perform facial liposculpting but the use of smartlipo-assisted facial liposculpting in my practice is limited to low energy settings, temperature monitoring and use of flat tip or duck bill liposuction cannulas on low suction setting. Facial liposculpting requires extensive experience. Indentations can be improved with soft tissue fillers or self fat transfer and massaging. It may take months to see significant improvement. I would not recommend trying to hit a home run on the first corrective attempt. The scarring is likely due to skin burn as the LASER can generate significant heat. Burn scars may be improved by using silicone tape and skin resurfacing with fractional LASER or chemical peel to improve the color and texture.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Brookline Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

Yes these indentations can be filled with a filler or Fat grafts. But I wonder why you had Smart Lipo on your face?As a Smart lipo trainer I rarely do ANY smart lipo on the face.  I believe you were a poor candidate but need pre op photos.