How Do You Fix Hypopigmentation After Tattoo Removal?

I had a tattoo removed on my lower back with laser. Now that the tattoo is gone the problem is that I have spots that have hypopigmentation on my back. My doctor said to fix it is to use Fraxel, more laser! Is this correct or is there another way to heal this problem?

Hypopigmentation after a laser tattoo removal

+1

Dermatologists can examine your skin with a special light to determine if it is a reduction in pigment cells or a total loss of pigment. The former may return to normal, but it would be doubtful if the latter would change. Fraxel may or may not help return your pigment. Before rushing into any other treatments, see how time resolves the issue. I would advise against getting sun exposure to darken it as the surrounding skin may get darker and highlight the contrast in color.

Loss of pigment following tattoo removal

+1

I would give it  a year before trying any interventions that could damage existing pigment cells (malanocytes) and give them time fo recover from the tattoo removal.