How can I fix hollow under eyes?

How can I fix hollow under eyes?

+1

Without an in person consultation it would be difficult to determine the how. However, if you are dealing with an accredited, board certified surgeon, he/she will be able to devise the proper framework to meet your goals. You can begin with the injectable/filler route and determine if your skin rejuvenation has worked to your liking. And you can also research the fat transfer/grafting route - which may also lead you to your goal.

I wish you the best of luck, we have covered many of these topics.

Under eye hollowness

+1

often times volume in the form of fat transfer or filler is a good option. Filler is great because it can be reversed so it is a nice approach to take when first attempting to improve hollowness under the eyes.

Fat transfer to the area around the eyes has a 5-10 day period of healing and sometimes more. It typically costs approximately $3000 and can be performed under local anesthesia.

Filler for hollowness under the eyes can be done quickly for as little as $600.

I'll attach a link to a patient's post that describes her journey through fat transfer but that was for the entire face

Chase Lay, MD
Double board-certified facial plastic surgeon

Chase Lay, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

How can I fix hollowness under eyes...

+1

Many patients suffer from hollowness under eyes making them look older and more tired than they really are. An excellent solution to hollow eyes is fat harvest and injection. The doctor must first remove fat through a small liposuction procedure, then injecting it into the creases under eyes. The remainder of the fat is frozen for subsequent reinjections that will gradually build up a nice long term result. There is minimal to no down time and you are usually able to return to work the next day with a more youthful look!

Andrew Miller, MD
Edison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fillers will help to fill in the hollow.

+1

A picture would be very helpful. For hollow under the eyes, usually called the tear trough, you can use temporary fillers such as hyaluronic acid - restylane, belotero. For a more long lasting correction fat is an excellent option.

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Fat transfer

+1

Since you posted this in the fat transfer section, I'm assuming that you know fat transfer can be used. Fillers can also be used, as can a formal blepharoplasty with fat transfer.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Fix hollowness under eyes

+1

Hello and thank you for your question.

Hopefully I'm correct in assuming that you are referring to what is commonly referred to as the "tear trough". I commonly inject Restylane, a hyaluronic acid filler into this area. For a more permanent solution, fat transfer can be done to this area. I do this in the office in less than an hour. I recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation to get more specific answers to your questions which can best be addressed after a thorough history and examination is performed.

Best of luck to you

David Cangello, MD

Hollow eyes

+1

In general either fillers or fat graft can be used to fill hollow eyes. I prefer fat.

However if this is due to surgery, an open fat graft might be safer.

Samir Shureih MD. FACS

sshureih@msn.com