Any Fix for a Chicken Pox Nose Scar? (photo)

Hello, I have always hated this scar on my nose. My nose already has a hump, and is slightly crooked, so this scar, I feel calls even more attention to my nose. I am interested in getting a non-surgical nose job to try it out, and straighten out the hump. Could the filler help lift this scar? Is there anything that would help? Thank you so much for your feedback, I really appreciate it.

Chicken Pox scar treatment

+2

There are 2 main options to consider for the scar: subcision with a needle and Restylane injection-the results are immediate but you'll need to be reinjected about every 6 months. Total FX fractionated CO2 laser treatment should also improve the scar by targeting the depressed area with Deep FX then using Active FX around it. Permanent improvement is expected. As for a nonsurgical rhinoplasty, it's diffiult to tell from the photos, see an experienced surgeon in person for consultation.

Bakersfield Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chicken Pox Scar

+2

Depending on the condition of the scar and the length of having the scar, there may be a few options to help improve its appearance.  Unfortunately, scars cannot be undone but they can be minimized so that they are less noticeable to the naked eye.  Scars are noticeable for a few reasons: 1) color difference 2) texture and 3) unevenness (e.g. raised/depression) when compared to the adjacent skin.  A filler may not be able to raise this depression, but there are some things that can be done to improve the appearance.  Please consult with a board certified specialist in the face who can best help you achieve the results you desire.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Depressed Scar on nose

+1

There are several options. You can do a laser resurfacing with CO2, it will help but may need more than one session. You can fill it in with Restylane and it will look great, however it will only last 6 months. Subcision will help and saline injection (bactriostatic saline), another form of subcision, will help as well. Dr. Behnam 

Ben Behnam, MD
Santa Monica Dermatologic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and chicken pox scar

+1

The scar can be treated with direct excision and/or laser treatment.  This depends on the in-person exam.  The scar can't be complete removed, but can be improved.  Reducing the size of the nasal tip will aide in making the scar less noticeable.

David Alessi, MD