How to Fix One Eye That's Bigger Than the Other?

First off, there are two imperfections on my face that irritate me. First are my eyes; second is my nose. I know for sure that I'm going to get a rhinoplasty done on my nose, but what about my eyes? As you can see, my eyes are uneven. Along with that, one seems to be bigger than the other. Can someone tell me what I need to do to get it totally corrected or to make it look better, please!? Thanks Docs!

Asymmetry is normal

+3

Plastic surgeons do not make eyes bigger or smaller to match. All people are slightly asymmetrical. One hand is bigger and one foot is bigger. If you were not made to match how do you expect a mere mortal to do it?

You really need an evaluation by an oculofacial plastic surgeon

+2

You really need an evaluation by an oculofacial plastic surgeon.  It may be that one lid is droopier and needs to be lifted.  It may be that on one side the lid is too high and needs to be lowered.  It may be a sign of thyroid disease or another medical condition.  You need to find out why one eye is appearing larger and then it can be treated.  

Joseph A. Eviatar, MD, FACS
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Normal for one eye to be slighty bigger than the other

+2

It appears that one orbital bone may be lower than the other, which is normal asymmetry and cannot be fixed.    From the picture there may be some ptosis on your right eye and this can be addressed through a tightening of the upper lid eye muscle called the levator aponeurosis and Müller’s muscle.  An oculoplastic surgeon usually performs this.

Hard to assess you from a photo

+1

From the photo it looks like your right upper eyelid is droopy. That may account for the difference in appearance between the two sides. However, what you need is a detailed consultation to assess the two eyes to make sure that this is the basis for why the two sides look different.

Once this is determined then it is possible to talk about how to make it better. In Las Vegas, you might consider seeing Steve Leibowitz, M.D. a highly qualified eye plastic surgeon.