I Would Like to Fix a Droopy, Too Bulbous Nose Tip Ten Years After the Original Nose Job; What Would You Suggest?

I had a nose job ten years ago as a present. Well I should have researched better because it's not great, not horrible -- but it's been getting droopier and bigger at the tip year after year. I did ask my doc if it would "keep" for many years and he swore to me that it would! Well... judge for yourself

Fix droopy nose 10 years after original rhinoplasty

+3

The droopiness and bulbousness of the nose can be addressed through advanced revision rhinoplasty techniques.  There are multiple different tip techniques available today that were not available 10 years ago, which can prevent a droopy tip, soften, feminize, and refine the nasal tip and bridge. 

Persistent bulbous tip after rhinoplasty

+2

From your photo it does appear that your tip is fuller than ideal. Depending on your skin thickness this can often be improved with revision rhinoplasty surgery to reorient the curvature of the tip cartilages in this area. It's a bit hard to assess for tip droopiness with the single photograph you submitted. A profile view would help with determining what can be done regarding tip position, etc.

I also detect some narrowing of the middle third of your nose on the right which can maginfy the tip fullness in addition to hindering nasal breathing. A spreader graft using cartilage can help with this issue.

The key with revision rhinoplasty (or any rhinoplasty for that matter) is ensuring that there is adequate structural support for the nose. Be sure to visit with a surgeon experienced in revision rhinoplasty.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Based on your photo, you may consider holding off on revision rhinoplasty surgery.

+1

I read your concerns and reviewed your photo:

Your tip is a bit bulbous, but I cannot appreciate droopiness. Undergoing revision rhinoplasty surgery to achieve a few millimeters of tip narrowing and rotation is a large undertaking. You may have other issues with your nose that are not seen in the photo you posted. You appear to have a satisfactory result and an unoperated appearance.

I notice that you have a slight indentation above your tip on your right side. A well-performed Injectable Filler treatment may be considered if this bothers you.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Regards from NJ.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Droopy bulbous tip

+1

Based on your photo it appears that you have a slightly droopy and bulbous tip as well as collapse of the middle vault which makes the tip look even wider in comparison - revision surgery can help improve both problems

Sam Naficy, MD

Droopy, Bulbous Nasal Tip

+1

If you're not satisfied with the size, definition, and position of your tip i suggest you have a consultation with a physician experienced in revision rhinoplasty.  It is important that your understand all alternatives and establish reasonable expectations. 

Droopy tip

+1

it looks like you could have tip refinement depending on your skin thickness. A lot of times the problem is that a strong structure to support the tip and allow the skin to take its shape has not been placed. See someone with revision experience. Be prepared to be patient afterwards though as you might have prolonged swelling.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Wide tip after rhinoplasty

+1

Tip reduction will refine the look of you nose and improve the balance and proportion of your face.  You may be a candidate for cartilege grafts which can be taken from your septum or behind your ear. Grafting adds necessary support and contributes to a long lasting result.

As with any revision rhinoplasty the trick is to find a surgeon with a lot of experience.  Make sure your prospective surgeon can show you lots of revision pictures and can explain things so that you have no reservations about going forward.

Daniel Greenwald, MD

+1

Unfortunately, bulbous tip which are always accompanied by thick nasal tip skin is very difficult to correct with current techniques. The skin needs to be thinned aggressively and have post operative steroid injections and this is frowned upon by rhinoplastic community. Therefore, you may find it difficult to find a surgeon who will be able to achieve what you are looking for.

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO
Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision rhinoplasty

+1

If you are unhappy with the width of your tip it may be able to be revised to narrow it a bit more.  More photos would have been helpful, and certainly an exam is essential.

Revision rhinoplasty

+1

You could likely achieve some more refinement of the tip with a revision rhinoplasty.  It's difficult to fully assess your nose without more photos but I suspect that you have probably lost some tip projection over the years.  Some of the maneuvers performed in rhinoplasty are inherently destabilizing to the structure of the tip.  This can lead to gradual loss of tip rotation (up) and therefore drooping.  Modern rhinoplasty techniques utilize grafts to keep the nose "structurally sound" so results can be maintained for the rest of your life rather than a few years.  Come to Richmond and let me take a look!

Matthew Bridges, MD
Richmond Facial Plastic Surgeon