How to Fix Bulbous Nose Tip and Hump on Bridge? (photo)

Hi, My nose tip looks like it's a ball..and there's a little hump on the bridge of my nose, and a bigger hump on the right side of the nose (I don't know what this is called). I want to have the tip refined (smaller), and the humps to be removed, but I don't want to have other changes. I've edited some pictures and was wondering if that could be the result, by only slimming down the nose tip and removing the humps? Or would you suggest something else? Kind regards

Rhinoplasty for the bulbous tip and bump, etc.

+2

Rhinoplasty for the bulbous tip and bump, etc. can be done to give a more attractive nose. Look at the surgeon's results and not computer imaging to see if the surgeon does noses you like--since that is what you will get on your face--not a computer image.

You Have Figured Out What Rhinoplasty Changes Will Work for You.

+2

Hi, Dr. Kotler from DR 90210 here.

Your description plus photos help greatly.

The standard elements of rhinoplasty should do the job for you. Sculpt the bulbous tip, shave down the bump and as needed, narrow the upper and middle portions of the nose very conservatively.

Best advice: consult with one or more surgeons for whom rhinoplasty comprises the majority of their practice. There are not many but worty searching for. Then, at consultation, have computer imaging. It's the best way to get a sense of what you like and what the doctor thinks he can accomplish.

Visit lots of websites, particularly those with lots of before and after photos to see other patients who had the same needs you do. That will help.

Robert Kotler, MD, FACS

Author: SECRETS OF A BEVERLY HILLS COSMETIC SURGEON and

THE ESSENTIAL COSMETIC SURGERY COMPANION

Robert Kotler, MD

Bulbous Tip and Humps Removal

+1

The bulbous tip can be reduced with cartilage trimming and possible suture techniques.  These techniques can be used to lift the tip as well as is the case in your photos.  Both humps can be reduced as well in a closed rhinoplasty (no external scars).  Good luck.

Rhinoplasty can make a big difference.

+1

Hi.

You sound like a great candidate for a standard rhinoplasty, concentrating on refining the nasal tip.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Rhinoplasty

+1

A detailed exam is critical to formulate a plan with you to correct your nasal issues. Hard to say without seeing you and doing the above.