How to Fix Bottomed out Saline Submuscular Implants?

Best way to fix bottomed out implants-surgeon is charging me full price ($5,000ish). Surgery was September 2008. Implants bottomed out? Saline implants submuscular. I'm 5'6" 126 pounds with about 350-400cc in each implant. Surgeon said fixing the pocket wouldn't do anything bc my muscles would make them bottom out again. Recommended silicone subglandular instead. Is this right?

Bottoming out

+2

You definitely have bottoming out. You probably need smaller implants placed and resuspension of your folds.

Revision breast augmentation is effective.

+2

Hi.

1)  You need significantly smaller breast implants.  You are "overstuffed"!

2)  The folds under your breasts can be raised and repaired permanently with a row of buried stitches.

3)  Going subglandular will not help.  Hope these suggestions are helpful.  Based on long experience.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Correcting a bottomed out breast

+2

I would disagree that the muscle will push the implant down again. There are a couple of techniques available in correcting this. The more common is a suturing of the pocket and this is referred to as capsulorrhaphy. This repair may also be supported with a material called acellular dermal matrix (ADM), also known as Strattice or by other trade names. The other well-described technique is called the neo-subpectoral pocket. I don't mean to use big terms but these are the descriptions.

These techniques can be performed alone or in combination. I would recommend against switching to a sub-glandular position because you are a thin woman.

Dr Edwards

Michael C. Edwards, MD, FACS

Options for fixing bottomed out implants

+2

Your surgeon may be right about the probability of the muscles pushing the implants back down if there is a pocket repair. However, going above the muscle will not add support and will reduce coverage so you may see more rippling, and the implants may still drop. Another option is to keep them under but reinforce the repair with a graft of a material called Strattice. That adds support and coverage without having to go on top of the muscle.

Richard Baxter, MD

How to Fix Bottomed out Saline Submuscular Implants

+1

How to Fix Bottomed out Saline Submuscular Implants? My suggested plan: Implant removal, downsizing, superior capsulotomy, inferior capsulorrhaphy, and prolonged underwire suport postoperatively.