How Can I Fix a Botched Chin Implant/Liposuction Procedure?

I had a chin implant and liposuction around my face/neck 2 years ago. I couldn't/cant smile or feel the area surrounding my face. I had the implant removed, and during surgery the doctor kept the implant in. A third time I went because I wanted the implant OUT. I was given steroid injections, which have left my face&jawline uneven and lumpy. I'm desperate to be confident in my appearance but hate my uneven face and know that one more surgery is in my future. What can I do?SMILE

Chin implant

+2

I do not understand what is going on.

If you wanted the implant removed you end up with another procedure?????????????

This is not acceptable and may be unethical. So are you sure that is what you communicated to your doctors.

You had steroids injected in the face and now you sound to have some fat necrosis. and uneven appearance.

Prepare your self for multiple surgeries to correct all yhis. Numbness persisting, could be nerve damage(Permanent)

Implant malposition

+1

This is a difficult problem.  It sound like  there may have been damage to the mental nerve, a sensory nerve supplying the chin.  I would take the implant out when possible.  You can have a filler to the chin area if you are unhappy with the shape.  Though this is a temporary solution, it is unlikely to create further .  See a board certified plastic surgeon if you have not done so thus far.  The nerve sensation may or may not come back.  If it has been more than a year, it is unlikely to return.  Good luck

Jason R. Hess, MD